Popular Tags: [View All]
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Hellstromme surveyed the small town of Cactus Gulch from atop a nearby bluff. He absently stroked his Mind Control Ray as he formulated his newest plan. The Ray was only effective in the town itself and within a small radius of the surrounding area.

He had his minions searching for the missing key to its success. Hellstromme had theorized that there was some substance nearby that caused the Ray to function properly, but he had tested and prodded everything he could find that could possibly be the culprit. When he had met with the strange, wild-eyed Cult Leader, it had hit him: What he needed to find was underground.

The citizens of Cactus Gulch had been no problem to manipulate. They were stupid, simple folk who were merely attempting to eke out a living in this harsh, dry land full of scrub and cracked earth. No, the citizens hadn't been a problem until those nosy do-gooders had shown up.

For the past three days the Posse had been making inquiries into his personal affairs and slowing down his teams' excavation efforts with the need to be as secretive as possible. He had resigned himself to sneaking around until he could get his hands on the elusive Ingredient X, until one of his teams had disappeared.

He had assumed that the Posse was to blame, but when he investigated, he discovered the resting place of a centuries-old Vampire. It had been easy enough to strike a deal with the fiend. The Vampire would help Hellstromme deal with the Posse and Hellstromme would use his soon-to-be-fully-functional Ray to keep the townsfolks none-the-wiser about the creature's tomb.

"These do-gooders have thwarted me for the last time," muttered Hellstromme as he thumbed the area setting on his Ray to maximum. He took careful aim at the town and fired. A wide, greenish beam of light flashed briefly over the town. The blast wouldn't be powerful enough to enslave the town, but it would at least cause temporary amnesia, which would aid the Cult Leader and the Vampire in their grisly work.

Hellstromme cackled as the first townsfolk stumbled out of buildings, obviously scared and wondering what was happening.

Lynch will be at 6 p.m. (First Lynch Mondy, March 20)
Night orders will be due at 8p.m. (No orders means you did nothing)

I will not accept conditional Lynch votes. Lynch votes must be bolded and unedited.

I'll be sending out role PMs shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backstory: The year is 1873, the place is the Weird West, a world like ours that is not our own. Evil spirits have been unleashed on the world, though not many people have noticed. Crafty card sharks can bend the demons to their will to alter reality and a strange material called Ghost Rock has allowed strange and terrible inventions to be created. God speaks directly through His chosen and the nature spirits are alive and well.

The town of Cactus Gulch, NV has been experiencing strange events. People are disappearing, acting weirdly or going comatose with no warning. A Posse of do-gooders has arrived to help the town, but disastrous evil has struck: the Posse members all have amnesia and can't remember who is on their side. Certain hardier denizens of the Village are trying to help the Posse, but they don't know any of them by sight.

The Roles:

There are 3 Villain roles, 5 Posse roles and 3 Villager roles. The Posse and Villagers are all considered to be on the same side: the Posse. I would like 15-20 players and the game will start July 27th.

VILLAINS:

The Mad Scientist: Dr. Darius Hellstromme is in Cactus Gulch testing his Mind Control Ray(TM). For some reason, the Ray only works in and around Cactus Gulch and he aims to find out why. Among the other tests he is performing, human dissection is the most important to him. He is working with the other Villains. As a night action, Dr. Hellstromme may Charm another player with his Ray. A charmed player's vote simply does not count during the lynch. The target is not alerted that anything is amiss.

The Vampire: The Vampire is so old he has forgotten his original name. He has come to Cactus Gulch to disappear. He only wants to live in peace -- and drain the occasional villager dry -- so he is helping Dr. Hellstromme gather "subjects" for his dissection on the condition that Dr. Hellstromme uses his Ray to wipe the minds of the villagers before the scientist leaves. Once per game, as a night action, the Vampire can Embrace another player, turning him or her into a Childe. The Childe loses his or her special ability and wins if the Villains win. The Childe cannot PM and does not know who the Villains are. If the Vampire is lynched or Killed, the Childe dies instead.

The Cult Leader: The Cult Leader's name has been lost to the insanity he suffers from worshipping the Deep One. The Cult Leader is here looking for an ancient artifact that he believes can be used to awaken his blasphemous Elder God. To that end, he has agreed to help Dr. Hellstromme in exchange for excavation of the surrounding area. As a night action, the Cult Leader may Curse another player. A cursed Blessed (see Posse roles) sees his prayer target as the opposite of what he is (ie. a Posse member/Villager appears as a Villain and vice versa). A cursed Posse member/Villager appears as a Villain if prayed about by a Blessed.

The Villains Kill one player per night. If they cannot agree, the Vampire decides, followed by Dr. Hellstromme if the Vampire is dead. The Vampire's Embrace ability is instead of a kill, so as long as he is alive, he may choose whether to kill or embrace until he has used his embrace. The Villains need not kill someone every night.

THE POSSE

0-2 Texas Rangers: Texas Rangers deal with evil and nonsense alike: with guns. If a gun doesn't work, the Ranger gets a bigger gun. Once per game, as a night action, a Ranger may Kill another player.

0-2 Pinkerton Agents: Pinkerton Agents are detectives at heart, preferring to gather information about a hostile before confronting it. Once per game, as a night action, an Agent may Investigate another player. The Agent will discover the target's role.

0-2 Hucksters: Hucksters are mysterious magicians who use cards to cast arcane spells. They are masters of wit and misdirection. The first time a Huckster is lynched or killed, he does not die.

0-2 Harrowed: The demons roaming the earth sometimes possess the bodies of fallen heroes to wreak further havok on the living. The first time a Harrowed is lynched or killed, he does not die. Instead he now wins if the Villains win.

1-2 Blessed: In such dark and troubled times, the Blessed maintain that they are the chosen of God. If the Blessed are to be believed, God speaks through them directly. As a night action, a Blessed may Pray about another player. The Blessed will find out if the target is a Posse member/Villager or a Villain. Harrowed who have turned and the Vampire's Childe appear to be Posse members to this ability. See the Cult Leader above for exceptions to this rule.

THE VILLAGERS

0-2 Shamans: Shamans are Villagers who enjoy a special relationship with nature, protecting them from certain types of black magic. The Shaman cannot be cursed. If the Cult Leader targets the Shaman with a curse, the Shaman will be alerted that he was targeted by a failed curse. The Cult Leader will not be alerted that the curse failed.

0-2 Gunslingers: Gunslingers are Villagers who are iron-willed and used to fighting. A Gunslinger cannot be embraced. If the Vampire targets a Gunslinger with an Embrace, the Embrace will fail and the Gunslinger is instead simply killed. Good for the Posse, bad for the Gunslinger...

0-2 Veterans: In the Weird West, the Civil War never ended. It has cooled to an almost cold war, but still rages on in some places. A Veteran is a Union or Confederate soldier who has retired to quiet Cactus Gulch. They have seen the worst humanity has to offer. A Veteran cannot be charmed. If the Mad Scientist targets a Veteran with a Charm, the Veteran will be informed that he was the target of a failed charm. The Mad Scientist will not find out the Charm failed.

There will be no early nightfall.

No one other than the Villains may PM.

On a tied lynch vote, the longest-held votee will be lynched.

Affiliation will be revealed upon lynch, but no roles will be revealed.
I will not reveal the affiliation of the person killed in the night.

Posse/Villagers Win:

All original Villains are dead

OR

A situation conforming to either of these: 2 Blessed and the Cult Leader & the Vampire or 1 Blessed and the Cult Leader or the Vampire.

Villains Win:

All posse members are dead

OR

Any tie except as detailed under Posse/Villagers Win.

Player List
1. Royalflush
2. BagpipeDan
3. seppi
4. GJanse
5. MunchWolf
6. CapAp
7. sybotCB
8. ithicks
9. buffalospynovel
10. runningquick
11. rjphelan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday, Saturday & Sunday will be a long Day 0. Stop by and introduce yourselves. Moderator will die Night 0. First lynch will be Monday, March 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi ... I'm here ... umm ... but I have amnesia ... I'm good at least .. I know that for sure ...

-Munch "even though I haven't gotten my role yet" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone! I'm good and I'm here to rustle up some bad guys. I haven't gotten a role yet either, but my story isn't going to change. I'm definitely good. Yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

I'm good, although according to another game I'm in I may be more of an asset to evil than to good... shake

Still, you shouldn't lynch me as that would only make matters worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All Roles have been sent. If you did not receive a Role, please PM me. Also, feel free to PM me with questions too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
conditional vote: as soon as the game begins vote Royalflush

-Munch "even when he's good, he's bad" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greek2me wrote:
All Roles have been sent. If you did not receive a Role, please PM me. Also, feel free to PM me with questions too!

Let's see... if I were to need a snipe is there an extra special way I could make sure that that snipe actually makes it in time ? Maybe I could submit to you and....

No ? Darn.

Oh well, I'm good, so I shouldn't need to snipe anyway, right ?
Don't mind me folks. Nothing to see here. Just a crazy person remembering a nightmare they had about being in some kind of game that involved a caped crusader...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn amnesia! I do know that I am a do-gooder trying to thwart Dr. Hellmann's from spraying mayonnaise all over the place... or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
continue conditional vote: If royalflush survives being lynched, lynch him again. If royalflush doesn't survive lynch, dig him up, and lynch him again. If royalflush becomes unlynchable, dice him up into itty bitty pieces, bury him alive, and then dig him up and lynch him

-Munch "no grudge here" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unconditional vote all - ok ... I don't need to kill royal .. he suffered enough ...

-Munch "well ... maybe a little more suffering - 1/2 vote royal ... just enough to wound him" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scratch that ... rewind.... unvote all

-Munch "way to go .. start the game by trying to lynch everyone" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.