Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so you know:

The game is played on a hex map. This eliminates measuring for movement and range.

There is no point totals and costs. Instead there are three different kinds of units: Gold, Silver, and Bronze or Copper, with Gold being the more advanced pieces (generals?) and copper being more regular troops. Each players is allotted a certain number of each color of soldier (10 of each i think) and gets a certain amount of command. Command is what is used to control units in the battle. The amount of command each player recieves is based on the number of units they DON'T bring to the battle. Each copper soldier gives you 1 point, each silver gives you 2, and each gold gives you 3 command points. For this reason, you COULD field 30 guys, 10 of each (if that IS the number), but then they couldn't do anything. Or you could field only a few gold soldiers, and you'd have a ton of command points to do things with.

Keep in mind: None of this is for certain, this is just what I was told by a friend in a loud room who talked with some FFG people who I didn't have the time to talk with, so take NONE OF THIS AS TRUTH. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for what might be awesome information, possibly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So is it just "fight to the death on an open field"?

I got to take a close look at the Siege of the Citadel board game but ultimately decided it was a simplified version of Doom (which I already have). Although in retrospect maybe Doom is too complicated -- all the orders and other complexity do add depth but really slow the game down. (Well, I'm judging that based on some realllly long games of Descent that I've played using the same system).

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
etherton wrote:

I got to take a close look at the Siege of the Citadel board game but ultimately decided it was a simplified version of Doom (which I already have). Although in retrospect maybe Doom is too complicated -- all the orders and other complexity do add depth but really slow the game down. (Well, I'm judging that based on some realllly long games of Descent that I've played using the same system).

-Dave

I bought Doom because I thought it would be a more advanced, cooler Siege of the Citadel.

Let me just say there is nothing that will ever beat Siege of the Citadel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
x
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
etherton wrote:

-Dave

Siege of the Citadel was the BEST teach kids a simple wargame, especially because of the storyline elements. I've since gone on to using Heroscape for the same job because of the richness of different kinds of scenarios.

I certainly hope that there will be scenarios and such for Mutant Chronicles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Pietraszak
Germany
Aachen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
Just so you know:

The game is played on a hex map. This eliminates measuring for movement and range.

There is no point totals and costs. Instead there are three different kinds of units: Gold, Silver, and Bronze or Copper, with Gold being the more advanced pieces (generals?) and copper being more regular troops. Each players is allotted a certain number of each color of soldier (10 of each i think) and gets a certain amount of command. Command is what is used to control units in the battle. The amount of command each player recieves is based on the number of units they DON'T bring to the battle. Each copper soldier gives you 1 point, each silver gives you 2, and each gold gives you 3 command points. For this reason, you COULD field 30 guys, 10 of each (if that IS the number), but then they couldn't do anything. Or you could field only a few gold soldiers, and you'd have a ton of command points to do things with.

Keep in mind: None of this is for certain, this is just what I was told by a friend in a loud room who talked with some FFG people who I didn't have the time to talk with, so take NONE OF THIS AS TRUTH. Thanks!

That'd be nice. It would make building armies a lot easier, especially for new players. With other CMG (Hero Clix and D&D Minis) it's usually me who does the collecting, and other players using my miniatures - it's best if I pre-build the armies/teams, or else it'll take hours before we can start. This system OTOH seems easily accessible, and that's a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.