Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Zombies!!!» Forums » Variants

Subject: Is it possible to play this game using the mechanics from Zombicide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joedy Drulia
United States
Raphine
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have Zombicide season 1 and we enjoy playing it.

Is it possible to play this game using the mechanics from Zombicide? For example, the zombie movements are set and pre-defined in Zombicide, which allows from some strategic decision making.

In addition, Zombicide is also a cooperative game with an "us against the zombies" feel.

Can Zombies!!! be easily modified or adapted to use these changes? Do the map tiles in Zombies!!! allow for a similar Zombicide play experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to somebody try - could be a fun meld.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The significant difference in the two maps would be the scale. Each space in Zombies!!! represents about the same area or maybe more than an entire tile in Zombicide. So, you would have to come to some sort of arrangement of how movement would work. There are not open areas of multiple squares on the Zombies!!! tiles, so a direct use of the movement rules would not really work. It seems to me that the tactical movement of figures across the board is pretty significant in Zombicide, so that might have a domino effect in all sorts of other areas.

Another idea is that you could somehow adapt Zombies!!! to be a campaign map for Zombicide, marking the overall location of survivors, buildings, resources, objectives, hordes of zombies, etc... for a series of related Zmbicide games.

I have all the zombies!!! games and a friend has all the Zombicide games, so maybe we should try this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and keep us posted how it does please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried a rudimentary version of this a while back for experimentation. While it is not the exact same game as Zombicide, with a little bit of modification and house-ruling (which Zombies! easily lends itself to -- and which is one of the reason I bought it) it becomes fairly similar and quite fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I just picked up Zombies!!! and the official rules don't do it for me. Before I move on to some of the variants, I'm wondering if anyone made any progress modifying this game to be Zombicide-like. If so could someone post a summary of what changes are necessary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fiveolddogs wrote:
I just picked up Zombies!!! and the official rules don't do it for me. Before I move on to some of the variants, I'm wondering if anyone made any progress modifying this game to be Zombicide-like. If so could someone post a summary of what changes are necessary?

They are completely opposite games! Why wouldn't you just buy Zombiecide?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
fiveolddogs wrote:

Man, ...I would have done so earlier when I tested it out, but now I haven't played Zombicide in quite a while and the rules aren't as fresh in my mind. When I test it out again, I'll record my rules that I use. I seem to vaguely remember how I did it, but the finer details escape me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
cauldronofevil wrote:

They are completely opposite games! Why wouldn't you just buy Zombiecide?

Quite understood....but....what's the cost of Zombicide vs Zombies!!! ...? surprise I think the answer is evident for someone who is on a budget or simply doesn't need all the extra bling. Also Zombies!!! is more easily malleable to personal tastes/needs/house ruling...and is compact in size. (Definitely nothing wrong with Zombicide though as a game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.