Subject: Profiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd K
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
I would like to see a specific user's games for sale/trade. I know the other user's log-in name. I also have a log in name. Where do I go when I first log on to 'the geek'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Just view their profile, it is all there.

Direct link would be in the form: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/voltman

Replace voltman with the GeekID of the person you are interested in. The alternate method - use the Search box above. Change the first drop down from Games to Users. Enter the information in the second box and away you go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd K
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
But I don't see where I can input geekid on the home page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd K
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Also a new question. How do update my personal profile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
To search for users from any page, you can use the search box at the top. Switch the drop-down menu from "games" to "users."

To update your own profile, go to your profile (click on My Geek). In the various boxes you will see a little pencil icon. This lets you edit the contents of that box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
At the top of your browser window - you should see two lines of menus.

The first one starts Welcome voltman, then has a link for [Geekmail], then has the Search box. It is here you can search for other users (changing the first drop down from Games to Users as I mentioned).

The second line (Dark Blue Background) begins BoardGameGeek then has Browse, then My Geek. Click on My Geek and you should jump to your profile.

Alternatively, you could click on the profile icon under on of your posts in this thread (the first icon that looks like a person). Or you can go to this link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/profile.php?action=viewmine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.