Subject: Doctor Who in the States rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I know season 1 is old news to many of our international geeks. But I for one was delighted to finally have the chance to see the new (now old) Doctor finally on something other than 5 minutes of choppy streaming video from a 56k modem.

Generally I really enjoyed it. Rose and the Doctor are well acted, and the rapid fire dialogue is still there as it always was. It takes a little getting used to a Doctor Who story that actually has a budget to blow on special effects. I also thought the 2nd episode was considerably better than the first.

Anyone else catch it? Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yep, I saw this as well, although I had seen the entire 2nd 'show' before, upon a "Canadian" channel. I figured at the time that it was like the "end show" for the 'Season', as it would have seemed better for such. It is a good start for this, and those who happen to enjoy the "series", even in its most recent 'incarnation'!
thumbsupmeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Ohhh....Thanks for reminding me. I Tivo'd the first showing last night, and almost forgot I did. Time to watch it. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the first couple of episodes as well. The first one I was kind of iffy about.

But I really liked the second one.

I am certainly willing to give it a try. And it is good to hear the horrible tardis noise again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring a gun to a puppet fight
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
OverText is totally worth 100 units of imaginary, worthless currency
badge
What the Hell else am I supposed to do with GeekGold?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just watched the 10:30 and 11:30 p.m. (CST) showings on the Sci-Fi Network and thoroughly enjoyed them.

The special effects were good but did not overwhelm the story. The plots were interesting and quirky with some genuinely funny moments.

I'll definitely be tuning in for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.