Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for your time!

I have a question about the "Native Income Card worth 6".

I have the rules in front of me and I quote, "When you play this card, you are not affected by the negative results of the current event card, (postive events are not affected).

First let's discuss "negative event cards". I assume this would be the "Forest Fire" and "Monkey Theft" cards? In other words, if you are playing the "Native 6 card", you would not lose any tokens on this round if either of the above mentioned event cards were up? Do any of you believe this also refers to the Jaguar and Crocodile cards? Meaning, if the other players were not allowed to use a water route you could?

Lastly, if you played the "Native Income Card worth 6" and the "event card" for example, was a "plus 2 fish", to arrive at your total, would you add the "6" from the Native Income Card, plus any fish you accumulated, plus and native cards you accumulated, to come up with your grand total?

Thanks kindly for your time!

Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
CaribbeanWayne wrote:
First let's discuss "negative event cards". I assume this would be the "Forest Fire" and "Monkey Theft" cards? In other words, if you are playing the "Native 6 card", you would not lose any tokens on this round if either of the above mentioned event cards were up? Do any of you believe this also refers to the Jaguar and Crocodile cards? Meaning, if the other players were not allowed to use a water route you could?

The negative event cards are in my opinion: the jaguar, the crocodile, the forest fire, and the monkey. So if you were to play your native card when any of these are open, you would be able to traverse land, traverse water, not suffer from loss of income, and not suffer from loss of income, respectively.

Quote:
Lastly, if you played the "Native Income Card worth 6" and the "event card" for example, was a "plus 2 fish", to arrive at your total, would you add the "6" from the Native Income Card, plus any fish you accumulated, plus and native cards you accumulated, to come up with your grand total?

There is no 'plus 2 fish' card, so I take it you mean the 'researcher with fish' card. To arrive at your money total (which determines who goes first), you add together the 6 of the Native Income Card, all the fish tiles you have including native 'jokers' masquerading as fish, and all native tiles. For example, if you have 1 fish and 1 native acting as a fish in front of you, and play the n.i.c. with an event card showing the explorer with a fish open on the table, your money value is 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9.

Later edit: Be careful, the example is worded wrong, but this is resolved in the messages below. My apologies for the confusion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with cymric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Mäkiketola
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree with Cymric about how is calculated how much you get money from that turn.

Quote:
To arrive at your money total (which determines who goes first),

Just one minor detail that bothered me here. The way I've learned game (using eng. rules from here bgg) is that you do not add bonus money from event cards when figuring out who plays first. So you only look how much money played card gives. In previous example indian (6) card gives 6 (basic value) + 1 (from one indian tile). This number determines turn order. Then on his turn player takes amount previously said 6 (basic) + 1 (indian tile as indian) + 2 (from fishes, where other "fish" really is indian tile).

I don't know if this is correct. I've played way too many rules wrong with this game so I do not trust myself anymore. That's been the way I have played and that seems to work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
And I agree even more with Orski. Money from event cards is not used to determine who goes first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Orski wrote:
I don't know if this is correct. I've played way too many rules wrong with this game so I do not trust myself anymore. That's been the way I have played and that seems to work fine.

That is indeed correct; I should have phrased my answer more carefully and used the words 'income' instead of 'money value' in the example. Turn order is established by not adding the effects of an event card---you ignore that card for the moment. That is the money value. The white numbers (or, if you prefer, the author's original mechanism) act as the tiebraker. Your actual income factors in the open event card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.