3 Posts

Axis & Allies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Transporting units for an attack... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jur van de Pol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Well, I'm a new player. The rules are all very clear, but not for one thing.

Let's illustrate my problem by means of an example:

If I attack from Kwang Tung to French Indo-China with two tanks, can I also add two infanteries from New Guina to help in the attack (with help of a transporter)?

Is this an amphibious assault? Or just a landattack... Or can't you combine land en water assaults?

Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Sorry for the belatedly long-in-awaiting a REPLY about this then, but YES, you could COMBINE those and it would be considered as an "Amphibious Assault" due to the 'Infantry' being 'Transported' into there with those. Even were it ONLY '1' 'Infantry' or 'Armor' doing this "Amphib Assault", then it will hold true, while don't forget nor neglect, ANY "Naval Bombardments" that could also be getting "in" any 'shots' with that at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that by transporting land units to use in the attack you now cannot retreat.

If you're playing the Revised edition, then land units could not retreat, but aircraft could (even in an amphibious asslt).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.