Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to give some geekgold away yesterday, I really did, and it didn't work!

First I tried to tip the uploaders for a couple files I've been using, only to discover that there was no one listed in the "Uploaded By" field, so no one to tip. I checked next for document authorship, and either no one was listed or they weren't BGG members (that I could find).

So I took another path and tracked down the user who had given me a neat little game part suggestion earlier, and clicked on his profile and then selected "Give User Geekgold". I wrote out a nice thank you message and selected my gg amount to tip, and pressed "submit"...

And a day later I still have the same gg I started with, plus extra thanks to the St. Paddy's Day leprechauns! Ack! I am cursed with an ever-increasing pile of gold -- I have the dreaded Midas Touch and I can't get rid of the stuff!!

So what happened to my tip? Is it still in a queue somewhere? I looked at the list under "Geekgold, View Tips" and I see stuff for yesterday, and stuff for today, and none of it is mine. What am I doing wrong?

Surely my bag must be good enough for someone around here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey, you could throw some into the 2 Player E&T Tournament prize pool (by moi). I know 34 35 other people (and counting) who will also be appreciative (plus you get your avatar displayed in the tournament thread - woo-hoo!!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Giving away gold is a two step process...Submit, then finalize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Giving away gold is a two step process...Submit, then finalize.

Hmm, I wasn't offered a finalize step. I think that might've been around the same time that the BGG stopped being responsive, so I went off and did other things (vaguely wondering if I was the cause of the system crashing blush My giving a tip shouldn't be THAT earth shattering!

I'll go try this tipping thing again. Thanks!

...24 hours later...

That worked! Thank you again!!! Now I can tip to my heart's content (or until the runs out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.