Subject: several card and battle/attack questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh Jazz
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
guyses, i got several questions here - the game manual doesnt state things clearly at all.
-if i take a ship into battle - i can also take up to three troops, right?

-if my troop(s) are defeated, how many die and where do they go? does only one die? or all attacking/defending? do they end up off the board forever?

-what about ships? can i take them into battle unlimited times untill they get dead? in what case do they die?

-say i called order 66... a planet fell. then what? what happens to republic troops? they go away, right? what troops take over - from where?

-any card can be exchanged for a ship, right? only one per move, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crawlerz wrote:
guyses, i got several questions here - the game manual doesnt state things clearly at all.
-if i take a ship into battle - i can also take up to three troops, right?

You choose to send 1-3 troops before you make any ship decisions. And the consequences for sending 3 of the same ship seem to assume rolling 3 dice, i.e., including 3 troops.
Crawlerz wrote:
-if my troop(s) are defeated, how many die and where do they go? does only one die? or all attacking/defending? do they end up off the board forever?

How many are defeated depends on how many die roll comparisons are lost. If one or both players decided to roll just one die, the only comparison is between that one die and the opponent's highest die, and only one troop ("a troop") is lost. If each rolled two or more dice, a second troop will be lost, based on the comparison of the respective next-highest dice.

"The loser removes a troop from the gameboard and returns it to his/her troop pile." The troop pile is the source of the reinforcements at the start of the turn. Does this answer your question about "off the board forever"?
Crawlerz wrote:
-what about ships? can i take them into battle unlimited times untill they get dead? in what case do they die?

The conditions for using ships say nothing about whether they'd been used recently.

When the last defending troop on a planet is defeated, any ships defending that planet are also destroyed.
Crawlerz wrote:
-say i called order 66... a planet fell. then what? what happens to republic troops? they go away, right? what troops take over - from where?

"If Order 66 is successful on a planet, then replace all of the Republic troops and ships with Separatist forces. The player calling for Order 66 decides which Separatist army will control the planet."
Crawlerz wrote:
-any card can be exchanged for a ship, right? only one per move, right?

Any Fighter Class Card can be turned in to build a Fighter class ship. Any Corvette Class Card can be turned in to build a Corvette class ship. Any Capital Class Card can be turned in to build a Capital class ship. Are there any cards I left out?

"IMPORTANT: You may build only one ship per turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jazz
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
ok most of this makes sence. but one thing stood out. i never before played as comparing EACH DIE one by one. say i roll 3 dice and u roll 2. what do we compaire? my highest 2 to ur highest 2? ok

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crawlerz wrote:
ok most of this makes sence. but one thing stood out. i never before played as comparing EACH DIE one by one. say i roll 3 dice and u roll 2. what do we compaire? my highest 2 to ur highest 2? ok

"You will then compare your highest die to your opponent's highest die to see who won."

"After you and your opponent compare the highest dice, compare the next highest dice."

This has been true of every version of Risk I've seen in 25-30 years.

If you roll "6, 4, 2" and I roll "5, 3", your 6 beats my 5 and your 4 beats my 3, so I lose 2 troops. If you roll "6, 3, 2" and I roll "5, 4", your 6 beats my 5 and my 4 beats your 3, so we each lose 1 troop. And so on. In either case, since you rolled 1 more die than me, your last die (the 2) is ignored. (This does mean that there is never a reason to have a third Corvette in a battle.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jazz
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
the corvette adds one to any die, right? or what? why is the no reason for a corvette?

also - after i lost a troop or two, what happens to myships that were in the battle? the planet is still mine but do the ships suffer anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crawlerz wrote:
the corvette adds one to any die, right? or what? why is the no reason for a corvette?

The first Corvette add +1 to your highest die. The second Corvette would add +1 to your second highest die. The third Corvette would add +1 to your third highest die, which is ignored. This is why there is never a reason to have a third Corvette in a battle.
Crawlerz wrote:
also - after i lost a troop or two, what happens to myships that were in the battle? the planet is still mine but do the ships suffer anyway?

Was the last defending troop on the planet defeated? If yes, "any ships defending that planet are also destroyed". If no, why would you expect anything to happen to the ship(s)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jazz
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
so u say that each die check defeats or not 1 troop. ok fine. but do u say that a DEFEATED troop returns to the REINFORCEMENT PILE? is that sort of circular logic or not? i will reinstate them the next move on fortification, no? thnx a lot man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crawlerz wrote:
so u say that each die check defeats or not 1 troop. ok fine. but do u say that a DEFEATED troop returns to the REINFORCEMENT PILE? is that sort of circular logic or not? i will reinstate them the next move on fortification, no? thnx a lot man!

No, the defeated troops are returned to the troop pile. The reinforcement pile doesn't start until the player's next turn, in the "count planets" phase. What does this have to do with circular logic or fortification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.