RoboRally» Forums » General

Subject: Is the original RoboRally worth any $? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoom Bot
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey all - I just found my old RoboRally game - the original edition from 1994. Near mint condition with unpainted robots. Is it worth any money? I looked on ebay - and all that's for sale is an apparent re-release from Avalon Hill 2005.

So I'm wondering if I should just keep it to play with - or sell it to someone who actually is a collector and buy the new version, since I just want to play with friends. Apparently there's a few rule changes in the newer version that clears up some things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Nhah,... it's worthless. Just give it to me

I played the old version and since a few days I own the new one. Looks are improved, shiny cards, shiny rules etc.

Greatest chance (as far as I can see for know) is you have a 'start-board' where players set-up. The 'being virtual' rules ceased to exist, there are now rules how people set-up. (If square is occupied, setup on bordering square, but not in line of sight of other bot etc etc.)

What I DID like more about the old version (probably making it worth more money on eBay) were the robots themselves. I liked the half tanktrack half robot one and the wheel-with-4-feet. Gone. See (compare) all the RoboRally-pictures.

Is it possible to put it for sale with a minimun price (being the preci of a new AH-version)? That way, you'll only make profit or retain your old version.

grtz,
Matthijs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmbmbmb
First edition is selling for $50+ on ebay. If it's near mint as you say, you can easily get $60+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoom Bot
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks guys. It sounds like its not that much of a price difference to be worth the trouble. I'll just modify the old rules and play with my old game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
You can even download the manual of the new edition at the AH website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.