Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I KNOW this is a really vague description, but it's all I've got.

When I was but a wee lad, my dad had a game that had small plastic pieces about a 1/4 round and maybe 3/8 high. Think the shape of a 55 gallon drum except there were 'grooves' around these "barrels". They might have even had a peg on the bottom to go into the board.

I seem to recall them being primary colors of red, yellow, blue and maybe white, but that isn't a reliable memory. I want to say that this game had an Eastern/Asian theme to it, but I could be wrong about that too. It might have been a wargame.

Yes, I know, not much to go on - I couldn't have been much older than 3 or 4 at the time.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds like Emperor of China:

Could be...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ravenscroft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Sounds like a good guess ...except that there are no pegs going into the board on Emperor of China, nor grooves around the barrels. Was it an abstract or on a themed board? If it's an abstract it sounds to me more like Chinese Checkers:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
sounds like Emperor of China:

oh my god, how did you do that? do you remember a lot about games? I do too, but not 33 years' worth. very cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not any of these so far. I may have to do a little more searching on my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY! I found it. It's a game called GUNG HO, which looks like a version of "5 in a Row".

Thanks for the efforts though everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.