Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Jones
United States
Jupiter
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that the GI buying is down indefinitely, but I am really interested in the last two issues (22 & 23) in either pdf or print. Can anyone help?
Thanks!
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I'm glad I bailed on the subscription I paid for and demanded my money back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmb
Yeah, I just dontated money to them and got nothing. Most companies that do this either give your money back or offer subscriptions to other companies stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blanco
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? (James 2:15-16)
mbmbmbmbmb
A year ago January 2005 Brian from GI emailed me asking for permission to use some Age of Steam player aids I had developed. I actually re-created them in 300dpi for him, and in return he said I'd get a full subscription to Games International. I never heard from him again and never got the subscription.

Just curious...was there ever an issue with Age of Steam player aids(cards) in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw man, I still have credits left. Will we get a refund?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's important to note that Aldie and I feel absolutely horrible about the way this has turned out. We've been discussing various options for how we can help make things right by y'all, but we don't have a good answer right at this exact moment. Please try to remain patient as we negotate something on your behalf... If we could simply refund the money, I can assure you we would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As to the parent post,

Can't the PDFs still be downloaded for a price? Now granted, if the parent actually paid for a subscription, this doesn't exactly address the entire problem. But if the parent just wants to purchase PDF's, can't you still do that?

And if you can't purchase the PDF's anymore, then how 'bout taking down the link that allows you to purchase them?

I'd click through it myself to see what happens, but I don't want to blow a few bucks on a dead link.

later,
jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Jones
United States
Jupiter
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you click any of the links to purchase individual issues or subscriptions, it reads: Sales of GamesInternational have been temporaily disabled. That was what got me to start the post, since I am still interested in acquiring those two issues.
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep,

I see that now. I hadn't actually clicked the "buy" button, just cause I wasn't sure at what point i'd get charged. So that takes me to my second point, which is why don't the admins drop that ad altogether until GI gets their stuff together? No sense in having it on the front page if there is nothing there.

later,
jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:
It's important to note that Aldie and I feel absolutely horrible about the way this has turned out. We've been discussing various options for how we can help make things right by y'all, but we don't have a good answer right at this exact moment. Please try to remain patient as we negotate something on your behalf... If we could simply refund the money, I can assure you we would.

And I for one trust that you would. It would be nice though to know what is happening - have you been in touch with Brian, has he done a runner is he still around etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shakeWhy can you not simpley refund the money. If you are not providing the product the surely legaly you are obliged to. I have outstanding credit and would like my refund please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokerman wrote:
shakeWhy can you not simpley refund the money.

Possibly because GI have the money and Derk and Aldie don't.

Possibly because of more complex legal reasons that are quite likely to involve the word 'agent' - things are always messier when person C is merely a facilitator for shuffling things between persons A and B, moreso when both sets of things being shuffled are groups of 1s and 0s. (IANAL, nor do I play one on the Internet)

My inclination is to belive them.

I'm just seeing a similar mess with a subscription I have to a print magazine, running on Direct Debit. The old publisher went bust, one, maybe two issues were not produced, a new publisher has taken over at least some of the assets and employees of the old one, and is honouring existing subscriptions - but refusing to credit for the missing issues, saying that's a debt I need to take up with the old publisher. I'm sure the Direct Debit guarantee ought to cover this somehow, but given that I want to carry on subscribing and getting the new magazine, I'll be buggered if I can work out how.

Personally, I think GI were killed off by taking a '.biz' domain. There are *no* legitimate entities operating in that space, it was only a matter of time before the fabric of the Internet snapped back into place and forced out this statistical aberration. Semi-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sartain
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the question remains unanswered. Does anyone know where you can get back issues of Games International? Either hard copy or downloads would be acceptable to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.