Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to decide on getting the KS or retail version of this game and I was curious what all I would miss out on if I bought the retail version?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The full Kickstarter version of Viticulture includes the following components not included in the retail version: 4 promo visitor cards, 1 scorebook, 8 wine coasters, 1 wine crate box sleeve, 1 custom art print, 1 set of stickers to customize the game, and the Arboriculture expansion (6 player mat extensions, 18 arbor cards, 6 grande worker meeples, 6 morale tokens, and 1 rule book).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey!

I remember hearing the promos and expansion MAY be released in the future. Any truth to that rumor?

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott--Oh, they definitely will. I'm planning a Kickstarter project in early 2014 for the Tuscany expansion pack that will include those gameplay-related items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Jamey,

Any chance that you'll have the KS version of Euphoria as an optional reward like you did with the last KS?

I really should have grabbed that game and the Viticulture expansion.

Thanks again for the great info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott--Good question, but no, I won't be doing that again. I regretted doing that during the Euphoria campaign, given that the games are completely different. But Euphoria will be available in retail outlets in December. If you really want the KS version, Miniature Market was a backer of a number of copies that they have for sale on their site right now (pre-order).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec G
Canada
Sherbrooke, QC
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the kickstarter version and everyone I've presented the game to is pleased. Some didn't like the expansion, but I think it adds some interesting options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malek wrote:
I have the kickstarter version and everyone I've presented the game to is pleased. Some didn't like the expansion, but I think it adds some interesting options.

I just have a retail copy, but I love Viticulture. Took it to my FLGS today and its always a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are people using the stickers for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I've only heard of one person using the stickers to change a card they didn't like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec G
Canada
Sherbrooke, QC
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't play with the extension, I find that most people will just play their rooster on number one. It really does seem to be the best option. I am thinking of adding stickers to make the lower options more interesting. I might use the back side of my kickstarter board for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Al--Have you played with the updated rules? Once you add in the grande worker's new ability, the wake up track changes a lot. It's very rare that I would choose the first space on that track now.

See here: http://www.stonemaiergames.com/second-edition-viticulture/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec G
Canada
Sherbrooke, QC
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played with the new rules yet.

Now I know what to do tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.