1 Posts

I, Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting Hero health? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Galen Deal
United States
flag msg tools
(I know nobody has posted about this game for 3 years, but hopefully somebody will be able to help me.)

I just played my first game of the free version, and I'm not sure I'm doing hero health right. I don't see anywhere in the rules that heroes each start with a guaranteed health coin. It seems the only way for them to begin the game with any health is by the die roll for each level they have. But since they start the first game at only level 3, does this mean that you can only have at most 3 heroes for the first expedition (and potentially only 1 if you roll, say, a 1 each time)? When I rolled my 3 dice for their 3 levels, I got 1, 2, and 4, meaning the mage was left with no coins at all (and the rules say that a hero is dead when they have no wounded or healthy coins). Even taking resolve into account, with this setup of only a single healthy coin for each of only 3 heroes, they only made it about 4 floors in before they all died (the last move saw the cleric with 1 wounded coin and the fighter with 1 healthy coin holding 5 loot coins (2 healthy/wounded coins + 3 levels meant their loot was equal to their resolve) move into a curse room which zapped them 3 times).

Am I missing something? As it is, it seems like the heroes start with hardly any health, and it would be too easy to roll the same hero more than once and end up with only 1 or 2 heroes going in.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.