Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I got Puerto rico a week ago and played already few times once with 5 players and few other times with 2 players so far. 2 days ago I played with my father and it was his first game while about the 4th game of mine. I settled up the game and explained the rules. My dad look confused but he said it’ll give it a chance although it sound complicated.

The first few rounds were slow and I gave my dad a lot of suggestion. He beated me to the warehouse which was a massive help for him during the game. We both were poor all the game because the trading house simply didn't got empty. Before the middle of the game we both had about 3 doubloons. My dad produced 1 corn 1 indigo and 1 sugar while I produced 1 indigo and 2 corn. few turns later it changed to me making 3 indigo and 3 corn while my dad made 1 indigo 2 corn and 2 sugar. My biggest mistake during the game is letting my dad getting sugar so easily.

My dad caught the game pretty quickly and focused on shipping. Because he had an advantage of producing a good that I didn’t he got much more points during the captain’s phase. I had about half of the buildings he had but near the end I he produced: 1 indigo 2 corn and 2 sugar while I managed to produce: 2 sugar 3 corn and 3 indigo but at the time I started producing sugar it was too late.

At the last turn finally got 2 quarries and 7 doubloons. I got the builder and build customs house. My dad took captain for last shipment and I took mayor to put colonist on customs house and finish the game.

I was sure I’m going to lose but the all mighty customs house save me and gave me a total of 15 points. So I finished the game with 51 points and my dad got 48 points. He declared that once he'll play few more games of Puerto rico he'll love it even more then through the desert.

Few things I learned: 1. never let someone get type of good that you don't get. 2. Get the warehouse! My dad saved more then 20 barrels with his warehouse. 3. Not to count on the trade house on 2 player game. I got small market which was useless. 4. Play Puerto rico more.

I and my father enjoyed a lot and I’m looking for next weekend were we could play again. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.