Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Massey
United States
Salem
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been sitting on my shelves awhile. I've been hoping to find someone who played the game to help me through my first go round. No such luck, so Pat, Mike S. and I slogged through the rules (which really aren't all that easy to grok with key things buried in small text. I'll second comments I have seen saying player aides are required for this game). So we got off to a slow start, but pieced things together nicely. Once we were into turn two, we found the game to be much simler than the rules present and enjoyed it greatly. Pat got off to a good lead controlling the three big Med area which are a ton of victory points. This allowed him to build a huge lead going into turns three and four. Mike and I responded two late and while we cut Pat to shreds in turn four, we ran out of steam with both of us falling just shy. Pat held on with a final score of 156, with me at 150 and Mike at 138.

We all found the combat system of selected five cards to form your army to work quite well - very much like Powerplay/Slapshot. And while the dice can hose you over, it isn't to the point of distraction, making the game too random. With one playing under my belt, this will be at the top of my list to play again and soon. I feel that we missed a lot of potential strategies and tactics since we struggled with rules for the first two turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.