Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
0. When doing game setup, how many wall tiles do you place (so I can be sure my interpretation of 'corner' is correct)?

1. When doing end game scoring, are the wall tiles eligible to be picked up (and then used)? If so, who decides the order of scoring for the end game?

2. I am trying to get my head around what constitutes the largest keep. Mine consists of 5 tiles which are half red. Yours consist of 3 tiles that are half red and 2 tiles that are a quarter red (ie total of 5 tiles, but the overall area is smaller). Who has the largest keep?

3. What if mine consists of 4 tiles which are half red. Yours consist of 1 tile that is half red and 4 tiles that are a quarter red (ie total of 5 tiles, but the overall area is smaller). Who has the largest keep?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
0: 13, one covering each pair of spaces seperated by a diagonal line, except the 0/1 pair.

1: No, they are removed before final scoring.

2,3: The rules don't say what "largest" means. We assume largest = most tiles, since all scoring is by tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It gets even worse:

During the end game scoring, features scored using the wall tile for incomplete features are not eligible for any in-game benefits. You cannot apply an end-game-scored incomplete keep as your largest. You also cannot use the 2x bonus wall tiles on end-game-scored but otherwise incomplete features.

Also, if you and your opponent have an equal number of followers on a feature, the fact that only one of you has a wall tile affecting scoring (2x or score incomplete) does not change the fact that the feature does not score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jim, where did you receive these clarifications?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
It gets even worse:

During the end game scoring, features scored using the wall tile for incomplete features are not eligible for any in-game benefits. You cannot apply an end-game-scored incomplete keep as your largest.

I am fairly certain the rules mention that the keep figure is placed when scoring a completed house, so that makes perfect sense.

ekted wrote:
You also cannot use the 2x bonus wall tiles on end-game-scored but otherwise incomplete features.

I am fairly certain the rules mention that 2x tiles are used when scoring completed features, so that makes perfect sense.

ekted wrote:
Also, if you and your opponent have an equal number of followers on a feature, the fact that only one of you has a wall tile affecting scoring (2x or score incomplete) does not change the fact that the feature does not score.

I am fairly certain the rules mention that if there are the same number of meeples then neither player receives points. 2 x 0 = 0, so that makes perfect sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
0: 13, one covering each pair of spaces seperated by a diagonal line, except the 0/1 pair.

1: No, they are removed before final scoring.

2,3: The rules don't say what "largest" means. We assume largest = most tiles, since all scoring is by tile.

Thanks for the clarifications. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
astroglide wrote:
jim, where did you receive these clarifications?

They're not clarifications; they're right in the rules. Ekted is correct on all points:

ekted wrote:
You cannot apply an end-game-scored incomplete keep as your largest.

Keep placement only occurs during turn scoring of completed houses. (Tile 8 works during final scoring, of course, but that just adds to the size of already placed keeps for purposes of comparing between players.)

ekted wrote:
You also cannot use the 2x bonus wall tiles on end-game-scored but otherwise incomplete features.

Tiles 2 and 3 only work when scoring completed features during turns.

ekted wrote:

Tiles 4,5, and 6 only apply if you "own" the feature being scored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Stroll
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It makes sense that largest should be based on the number of tiles; especially since Wall Tile #8 talks refers to expanding the keep size by 2 TILES (versus discussing the actual physical space the house takes up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.