Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hahn
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules clearly state that a defeated Challenge is placed face down in the appropriate challenge pile. For use of the Doom Track, do these cards now go into the Doom Track? And, once the limit is reached and a Doom Counter is placed, the rules state that the cards go into their respective discard piles? What?!? Do they actually get removed from play now OR do they go back under their repective Challenge Card pile (effectively recycling them)? Was anyone else confused by this? I just noticed this after all this time... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just discard defeated challenges and shuffle if needed. That has to be an oversight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel de la Casa
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What we do is to creat a discard pile in every color. We don't use the Doom Track. That way, when a pile is exhausted we don't run into the same encounters in the same order.

In our first games it was important, we used to finish the green and/or yellow piles during the game. Now, it's not too important any more, we've learnt to finish the game far before any pile is exhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first read through the rule book I also noticed this.

The rule book mentions to shuffle all discarded adventure cards, except the encounter cards which are removed from play, back into the matching colour deck.

The doom track varient contradict this. I can only assume that when using the doom track varient, you do not shuffle adventure cards back in, but place them in the doom track.

Any other insights or interpretations are welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.