Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Smith
United Kingdom
Ventnor
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the Advanced Search page, it seems that I can search for games I own, or I can search the entire database, but I can't search for games I don't own. Have I missed something? It would be useful for me to make sure my collection is up to date...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hmmmm, I wouldn't bother with Advanced Search, just type the name (or a portion) in the regular search box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United Kingdom
Ventnor
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not quite what I meant.

I have a largeish collection of games at home. I try to keep this collection up to date on BGG, but I fear that some games may have slipped through the cracks so to speak.

What I'd like to do is a search somewhere along the lines of "Show me all games in the Top 100 that I don't own". That way, if I spy something in the list and think "Hang on, I do own that" I can correct my collection listing.

Or buy a new game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:

Hmmmm, I wouldn't bother with Advanced Search, just type the name (or a portion) in the regular search box.

I nominate this as the least informative answer of the year! Congratualations, but there's a long way to go in 2006.

Advanced Search is VERY useful tool to when searching for games that every 'geek should take a look at: search by designer, publisher, year published, genre/mechanic (although some games aren't given the correct genre in the database), rating level, which games are owned by a particular person (assuming they kept up the data), etc.

Paul is correct. It would be useful to be able to search on the games NOT owned by a particular person--Which Monopoly games (or which of Reiner Knizia's games or which Avalon Hill games) do I need to purchase to finish the entire set, for example.

But, alas, this feature has not been implemented.

I guess he could look all of the games he is interested in and then manually remove those he already owns, but that seems to be a tedious task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this would be handy as well. There are surely enough completists around here that this would get used quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United Kingdom
Ventnor
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyProle wrote:
I think this would be handy as well. There are surely enough completists around here that this would get used quite a bit.

I love that word - completist! I think you've just settled for me what my GeekBadge will say when I get the gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.