Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
The rules clearly state that there should never be more than 2 cubes of a given color on a tile during set up, but they don't repeat this restriction in describing cube replacement during play. I think the limit clearly applies here as well: there are only 5 gray cards.

Also: I assume that replaced cubes are placed back into the draw bag (and not discarded).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always played that anytime cubes are placed on a tile, the limit is two of any one color. And replaced cubes (due to 2 color limit) are placed back in the draw bag not discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy VanSchalkwyk
United States
Raynham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lasers!
badge
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosmores wrote:
I have always played that anytime cubes are placed on a tile, the limit is two of any one color. And replaced cubes (due to 2 color limit) are placed back in the draw bag not discarded.

I have always played this way as well, the result of which has been many enjoyable games (this is my youngest sister's favorite game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
The rules clearly state that there should never be more than 2 cubes of a given color on a tile during set up, but they don't repeat this restriction in describing cube replacement during play. I think the limit clearly applies here as well: there are only 5 gray cards.

Also: I assume that replaced cubes are placed back into the draw bag (and not discarded).

Actually only the more recent rules actually mention the two cube limit, the original ones do not.

Realistically it is only relevant to the grey cubes (and possibly if you pulled four blue cubes for the four tile). We just play them how they come out. If we did pull three grey cubes we would replace one, but it hasn't happened yet in all the games I have played. If three or more yellow or red cubes come out then we just leave them be.

Yes they would be put back into the draw bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.