GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,813 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Arrrh, do ye know what day it be? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avast, ye lubbers. In case ye did not know, Sept. 19 do be International Talk Like a Pirate Day.arrrh What game do ye plan to play to commemorate this here special occasion? Me and me swabs do be planning a round of Pirate's Cove this evening after supper.

Please share your stories, and any GeekGold ye want to send our way do be much appreciated. (Unless ye'd rather walk the plank.) Arrrgh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to play: Morgan's Revenge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve N
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pirates who say please won't get very far. Everyone knows that.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Gimme yer geekgold yer hook-handed, lice-infested, frigate dodgers.

arrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrh:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bayley
England
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not necessarily,

Gimme yer geekgold yer hook-handed, lice-infested, frigate dodgers........... Please

arrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrharrrh:[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something something plunder booty. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Me thinks it be a day of Merchants and Marauders, Pirate's Cove, and Libertalia! Arrgh!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Fry
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I'm gonna have me swabs a-playin' another test round of All Hands on Deck!, the new pirate crewbuilding card game that I've got in development. Keep yer hands off me crew, ye scabrinous seadogs!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee Thorson
United States
Albert Lea
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and the young pirates be playin' Pirate vs Pirate, Scallywags, and Loot! Arrgghhh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a three player game (of Pirate's Cove) on a dark (but not stormy) night, meself, and my 14-yr old daughter and 10 yr-old son. Both Blackbeard and the Flying Dutchman did be prowling the waters. We did have a few skirmishes, including the time we all pulled in to Tavern Island, but no one could establish a clear lead. Coming down the stretch, the two young sailors forgot that the Flying Dutchman would be waiting at Treasure Island on the last round. Me oldest had a hold full o treasure she needed to unload. (I had buried mine the previous round and planned to wait things out at the Tavern, maybe pick up a few VP cards.) An epic battle did ensue. The two ships did team up against the ghost pirates, and got em down to 1 hull point, but the ship did regenerate, and then they kept firing amiss. The infernal crew eventually drove them both off to Pirate's Cove. Alas, all that treasure unburied.

When all was tallied, age prevailed by a mere 4 points. These do be troubled seas, but we'll sail them again. Arrrh! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.