Subject: Reprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the reprints coming around now, why oh why is this classic not in the mix. Beautiful rules, elegant play, and people are still fanatic about this game after 30 years. How many other 30 year old games pack them in at convention tournaments? Just my .02

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
With all the reprints coming around now, why oh why is this classic not in the mix. Beautiful rules, elegant play, and people are still fanatic about this game after 30 years. How many other 30 year old games pack them in at convention tournaments? Just my .02

...it is probably coming right after the Up Front 2000 reprint?! shake

Actually Mr. Dixon, of B-29 Superfortress fame, will be doing a B-17 game, after his well proven B-29 game. Time frame for release of this game is still up in the air but I do believe it is a go, just when is in question.

JimP cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, B-17 Queen of the Skies is a great solitaire game. Problem is, there has been no reprint of it. As a result, newer gamers don't see it on the selves. It seems that typically, games that are in print seem to be in the top ten list, even though there are many out-of-print games that are far better than those listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

JimP, what do you know about Mr.Dixon's B-17 game? Is it just going to be a reprint of B17QotS or is it going to be a whole new design?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not sure whether this is the same game or not...

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd58f17/85
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:

JimP, what do you know about Mr.Dixon's B-17 game? Is it just going to be a reprint of B17QotS or is it going to be a whole new design?

RayGuns, I have yet to see the components, except what has been posted on line (see below), and I hope to be a play tester, but I do know it will be structured after the B-29 model. As for the rules I haven't seen them yet, so I can not comment yet.

Brett Schaller wrote:
Not sure whether this is the same game or not...

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd58f17/85

Brett, Yes this is the the same game!

Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:
Yes, B-17 Queen of the Skies is a great solitaire game. Problem is, there has been no reprint of it. As a result, newer gamers don't see it on the selves. It seems that typically, games that are in print seem to be in the top ten list, even though there are many out-of-print games that are far better than those listed.

RayGuns, The issue with B-17: Queen of the Skies ever getting reprinted, and many other TAHGC games, is the fact that Avalon Hill went under and with Hasbro picking up their rights, hasn't help either. Hasbro wasn't going to expand the board game titles or even publish a "Up Front" reprint. Imagine how well that one would have done... and it looks as if after all the work done on the Kick Start "UF" has gone down the tubes, too... shake

So as for a solo game, centering on a part of the war which past historians have down played, will have a "Snow balls chance in Hell" of ever seeing the light of day.

Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, now that Steve Dixon is wrapping up Picket Duty: Kamikaze Attacks against U.S. Destroyers – Okinawa, 1945 (and before he starts on a new design about PT Boats), he and Shawn Rife plan to start working on Bombs Away! after the start of the New Year and, yes, they will take the B-17: Queen of the Skies that everyone knows and loves and update it a bit while giving it a graphic makeover.

While you're waiting, grab a copy of Picket Duty.

Cheers,

Hawkeye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.