Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Schoemaker
United States
Belleville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be missing some SMALL details, but otherwise this game is Warmaster in LOTR wrapping paper. That is fine with me, and in fact I'm thrilled since I like the Warmaster series and this is an affordable alternative to all the metal one typically has to purchase, but I wanted to make folks aware that if you have WARMASTER or if you get this, you can transition very easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boseafus Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Agreed. I am currently painting up the figures and loving the game. I have a few Warmaster Armies as well which as you pointed out, makes it great for WM players.

For the price you also get a ton of miniatures, plus a great rulebook and the hill pieces are also wonderful (I purchased 2 sets and sold off anything I didn't want so that I could get the hills, elves and more men).

Oh...here is a link to a photo of my dwarves.

Bose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Sistrom
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OgreKing wrote:
I may be missing some SMALL details, but otherwise this game is Warmaster in LOTR wrapping paper.

Yes they are very close but there are a few tweakings of the rules in this game from Warmaster. For example in Warmaster you pay more points for a general, in this game you get to make one of your heroes a general for free.

So if you are moving from one game to the other you should read the rules very carefully because they are very similar and it is easy to miss the small differences in the rules that do make a difference in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.