10 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Dunedain Warning, Signal, etc rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ark Atreides
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can I transfer these attachments to another player as a response to a shadow effect triggering that makes me discard attachments? (E.g. Kings Spider)

(In general it's not very clear to me when player actions can be taken during the combat phase so would be great if someone could clear this up)

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing you can do as a response are Response effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing you can do is cancel the shadow effect playing the apropriate response cards (or having burning brand attached to defender). If not then you lose the attachment, it cannot be transfered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
I think Dunedain Cache is the only one that can be transferred. It says it can on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullroarer Took wrote:
I think Dunedain Cache is the only one that can be transferred. It says it can on the card.

You can't possibly be serious. Cache, Mark, Signal, Quest, and Warning all have identical text about transferring themselves.

As Actions. Not Responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Sharpe
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkatreides wrote:
(In general it's not very clear to me when player actions can be taken during the combat phase so would be great if someone could clear this up)

There's a handy timing sequence diagram here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66224/timing-sequence-...

In general, during the combat phase there is an action window between each step, but not during steps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I believe the answer is yes bt ...

When having a steward of gondor and a resourcefull attached to heroes ... then each round, no matter what, harbor master had a defence of two, right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickpes wrote:
Well, I believe the answer is yes bt ...

The answer to the original question is an unequivocal NO. If you think you're going to get smoked by a shadow card, you need to transfer those attachments BEFORE you reveal the card. Between the card's reveal and its resolution, the only permissible effects are Responses.

Quote:
When having a steward of gondor and a resourcefull attached to heroes ... then each round, no matter what, harbor master had a defence of two, right ?

Correct - although what that has to do with this thread, I have no idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hahahhahahah ... my hole post was for another thread

Probably I had two tabs opened and wrote on the wrong topic blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ark Atreides
msg tools
mbmbmb
teleogryl wrote:
Arkatreides wrote:

There's a handy timing sequence diagram here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66224/timing-sequence-...

In general, during the combat phase there is an action window between each step, but not during steps.

That is very useful, thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.