Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After Traveling through the Lost Coast Lini is looking forward to a little relaxation in the city of Sandpoint. The SwallowTail Festival is one of the most famous in the region and Lini is looking forward to its delights.

Starting Deck:
Items: Masterwork tools, Amulet of mighty fists,
Blessing: 3* gods, Gorum
Allies: Crow, Dog, Snake
Spells: Cure*3, Inflict*2, Augury

Starting Cards: Amulet of Mighty Fists, Crow, Snake, Gorum, Gods.

7:50am, Iomedae: Lini Heads down to the SwallowTail Festival. Her snake is dropped off to hunt. Shreeks of anger and pain erupt from the crowds. Lini Rushes forward to see a band of goblins wreaking mayham. Lini spys the warlord leading this group and figures that is the one to go after. Transforming into a bear she calls on Gorum and attacks. The Warlord is good, but Lini manages to defeat him. The goblins lose heart at the defeat of their leader and move off.
8:02am, Gods: Lini cures herself.
8:03am, Gorum: Then use Augury to fortell of any monsters nearby but finds none.
8:04am, Gods: A priest seeing Lini defeat the warlord blesses her in the name of the Gods.
8:05am, Gods: A priest of Lamashtu also blesses Lini. Heartened, she pressed on she spots an pit trap and avoids it.
8:06am Torag: Lini spots a Guard and suggest they join forces, but he is not convinced and refuses to join.
8:07am Lamashtu: An Acolyte overhearing Lini and the guard offers to join Lini. Lini accepts.
8:08am Shelyn: The goblins have found a Zombie Giant and lure it Lini's way. Lini calls upon Lamashtu and casts an Inflict with the snake helping out to blow the Zombie to pieces.
8:09am Torag: Lini spots a Bastard sword but passes it by. With the gods help she finds a potion of Ruggedness.
8:10am Sarenrae: Finally with no where else to go the Goblin Raiders come after Lini. Lini Transforms into a Bear and calls upon the gods and defeats the Raiders easily. With this the remaining goblins flee the area.
9:11am Erastil: Lini follows noise to the town squared. She finds a snake what wants to come along to help out. A Siren dives down to attack her, but an inflict spell send it flying away.
9:12, Lamashtu: Lini Cures herself then resting finds an Lightning touch scroll.
9:13, Gods: "Tsuto Kaijitsu a am, prepare to die" Lini transforms to a bear, calls upon Gorum and attacks. Tsuto has a bad day and is easily defeated. An inflict spell drives off the rest of the goblis who flee from the town square.
10:14, Desna: The last reports of trouble is at the City Gates. Lini cures herself then cast an Argury looking for monsters but finds none.
10:15, Shelyn: Lini Cures herself again, Then moves on. A scout fires three arrows at her before she can respond. All she can do is tranform to a bear but it is too late and the scout has slipped away, no doubt to find another position to attack from again.
10:16, Gods: Lini does another cure, then an Augury for monsters allowing her to avoid a goblin snake. Exploring further Ripnuggen and Stickfoot appear and are not supprised. With only a Blessing of the Gods, Inflict and Crow this is not going to go well. Lini transforms to a bear to battle Stickfoot and an inflict on Ripnugget. Lini does not defeat either. More monsters will join this villen after this defeat.
11:17, Gods: Lini spends time cureing twice, but does not explore further.
11:18, Gods: Lini cures further, but again does not explore.
11:19, Sarenrae: Lini Augurys for monsters, to avoid a Cultist. Exploring she encounters a Goblin Dog. She transforms to a bear to but fails to defeat it.
11:20, Torag: Lini finds some caltrops then continues to explore finding an enraged Ilsoari Gandethus who instantly agrees to join Lini.
11:21, Irori: Lini finds a soldier who leads her on to a troublesome Goblin dog. Caltrops eliminate the dog problem.
11:22, Lamashti: Llsoari helps avoid a Goblin Phiro
11:23, Torag: Pass by a Dogslicer
11:24, Gods: Find a mystic inscription, but cannot figure it out
11:25, Calistria: Pipnugget and Stickfoot appear again. Cannot sneak up on them. Stickfoot is easly dealt with using an inflict. Then Ripnugget is defeated with a the Blessing of Lamashtu, the Mighty fist, transforming to a bear and an bite from a snake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Very cool write up. Really like the format.

Encouragingly, your session played out nothing like my run through with Harsk and Merisiel. It demonstrated to me the different approaches available. E.g. I did not once stop to heal in the whole adventure path, whereas it was a key tactic for Lini in this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob
msg tools
Quote:
A Siren dives down to attack her, but an inflict spell send it flying away.

Can't remember what Inflict actually states (I think it is for combat checks based on divine), but the Siren cannot be defeated by a Combat check. It's only allowed check to defeat is a straight Wisdom check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:

I did not once stop to heal in the whole adventure path, whereas it was a key tactic for Lini in this scenario.

I had 3 healing cards in my deck. This game they came out a lot. I generally use them right away as you want to keep yourself in a situation where you can heal your healing cards, so you don't want to loose them as damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
storeylf wrote:
Quote:
A Siren dives down to attack her, but an inflict spell send it flying away.

Can't remember what Inflict actually states (I think it is for combat checks based on divine), but the Siren cannot be defeated by a Combat check. It's only allowed check to defeat is a straight Wisdom check.

Doh, you are right, this should have been a wisdom check and not a combat check. I will have to pay more attention to the attributes of the monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swbfraser wrote:

8:08am Shelyn: The goblins have found a Zombie Giant and lure it Lini's way. Lini calls upon Lamashtu and casts an Inflict with the snake helping out to blow the Zombie to pieces.

Also, snakes only help with melee combat checks. Inflict isn't a melee check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It turns out Lini is a liar, like most adventurers!

I'll still listen to her "tall" tales and buy her a mug of ale at the pub, but when she tells me how she used the lich's bony ass-bone to club Tiamat to death and then made a hat out of his scaly hide ... I'll just nod my head and smile....whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.