GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,805 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

InterSpace» Forums » General

Subject: Possible printing error rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg B
msg tools
mbmb
Look at the experimental unit counters on page 106 of the Aug-25-2013 version of is_english_2013.pdf

Notice that the back of the first set of counters is reversed so you can easily build the backs of the counters.

But now look at the 3rd row of the 2nd set of counters on the page. That row needs to be reversed so when you print the backs the fighters will be backed with the fighters. Currently the fighters and bombers will be backed with the opposite unit for the backs.

I can cut up that individual row and put the proper backing on the proper piece. But I thought I'd point that out in case Greg is coming out with any other fixes for the file.

In other news, I'm starting my Viktor Csete InterSpace set this Sunday. It will have Victor's hexes and cards (and eventually his planet cards which already look great) Colin Sutherland's combat boards and Encounter counters, plus my counter boards. I'll use the standard ship counters, IOUs, Ore counters etc because I really like the fact that the standard ship counter backgrounds delineate warships from civilian ships. Plus, the icons of the original game's ships match the icons in the Unit Table which show the unit cost etc.

This will be my 2nd set and I'm really looking forward to posting photos of the set and I'm especially looking forward to playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Turner
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GregB wrote:
That row needs to be reversed so when you print the backs the fighters will be backed with the fighters.

Doh! Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed now - it's easy to keep things updated on the internet.

GregB wrote:
I'll use the standard ship counters, IOUs, Ore counters etc because I really like the fact that the standard ship counter backgrounds delineate warships from civilian ships. Plus, the icons of the original game's ships match the icons in the Unit Table which show the unit cost etc.

Colin's unit counters are gorgeous! The backgrounds on his civilian ships are lighter than on the military but you're right, there isn't as much contrast as on the original, iconic counters.

I ran off a set of Colin's counters and tried to get my buddies to use them. But they preferred the originals because the icons are easier to see on the other side of the table. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.