Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been several months since this entertaining auction game from Herr Knizia has seen the light of day, so with a group of five gamers it seemed a wise choice. I was joined by Erin, Jim, Tabea and Bill, all of whom were new to the game.

After explaining the rules, I made sure to warn everyone of the hazards of overbidding. This warning was only heeded for the first few turns, after which several players began seriously overbidding ... ultimately, to their detriment.

I, on the other hand, was too conservative and failed to secure a strong enough presence in the world regions. I was strong in Amsterdam and in two commodity markets, but it wasn't enough to make me a true competitor for victory.

Bill also followed a conservative approach, but was a bit more successful than I. Still, when the final count was revealed, it was quiet Tabea who emerged the victor:

Tabea: 1,380,000; Bill: 1,130,000; Erin: 1,090,000; Greg: 970,000; Jim: 880,000

Ratings: Tabea 8, Jim 8, Erin 7, Greg 7, Bill 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.