Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I've got my copy of Sumo! (which I love), I'm looking to make a travel-edition.

I just printed out the Grand Sumo cards, so those would live with my main set and the real cards (which are just TINY) would be part of my travel set.

My problem is that I'm having a heck of a time finding sumo toys. Besides Sumo Arena miniatures and Hasslefree miniatures Sumo mini, I haven't had much luck.

I'm looking for stuff like you would get out of a capsule toy. Has anyone seen anything like that?

I've got TOMY's wind-up sumo toys, but their too big. If it comes down to it I'll just get the lead mini's and paint them up, but I'd rather have something cuter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Pasquale
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you locate Sumo figures that fit the game? If so, please let me know what and where you bought. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I may be a bit behind on posting this, but I just grabbed some M.U.S.C.L.E. figures on eBay. Not quite Sumo wrestlers, but they get the point across.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bushong
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own. Here's the step by step:

1. I bought some 1 inch round foam pieces from Michael's craft store (they are a hard white foam, shaped like marshmallows).

2. I cut those down into small 1/4" discs. You could probably do the same with a 1" wooden dowel rod, and it would probably add more flavor to the pieces.

3. I took a picture of E. Honda from the Street Fighter video game, created an image with two backgrounds: one blue and one red.

4. I printed these images onto sticker paper, and then punched them out using a 1 inch hole punch.

5. I applied these stickers to the discs, and VIOLA!! Instant sumo game pieces. Here they are:

I posted copies of the game pieces on the "Sumo!" game page. Personally, I like them better than the originals. I think they add more flavor and color to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lenahan
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also these:
http://secure.giantrobot.com/products.php?code=SUMOCAPSULE&c...

$3 seems a little pricy for a capsule toy but the amount of detail looks impressive. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Mills
Guernsey
Vale
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Bernard,

Don't know if these would do the job, may be too expensive? Have look anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAPAN-ASAHI-A-FULL-SET-OF-12-SUMO-WRES...

Best Wishes,
Al.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.