Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean was really keen to play Android according to the guild forum. Dan and Dominic were willing to play too but only if we got started quickly. So I set up Android (partially) and waited for Sean. Meanwhile Dan and Dominic opened up Sentinels. About the time I gave up on Sean and packed Android away, Andy pitched up. Andy probably wouldn't have wanted to play Android anyway, and all the other tables had started.

So we started 4 player Sentinels. I picked Ra as apparently he is simplest. Just as we'd got through the rules explanation, in comes Sean. 5 player Sentinels it is.

Our Villain was Ambuscade. Dominic was Wraith, Andy was Unity, and I forget Dan and Sean's characters except that Sean's special power made everyone draw a card.

Ra focuses on burning things to death. By midway through the game Ambuscade was cloaked (immune to damage), so I focused on blowing up his cloaking device. Sean told me not to do that, because it would damage everyone and he could do it much better on his turn. The Sun-God isn't known for subtlety however, so I just went ahead: boom! The explosion did 4 damage to everybody and every thing except for Ambuscade (he stays cloaked until the start of his turn). This included a rotating turret- which was itself destroyed, causing another explosion for 3 damage to everybody and everything except for Ambuscade. Among the casualties were Unity's entire collection of Golems and some creatures owned by Dan. Worse, there were now no enemy targets (Ambuscade still cloaked). So the other heroes couldn't use their attacks...

Once Ambuscade uncloaked it was pretty easy to kill him, however.

Andy left at this point for some euro-goodness. The four of us continued on the Ameritrash fix however, this time fighting The Dreamer, on the advanced mode. The Dreamer is a little girl with 6 Hps and killing her loses the game (she was down to 1hp when our game ended). She generates hideous projections and the way to win is to kill a bunch of them- first kill all the ones in play and the 8 more that come into play afterwards.

Sean was playing Absolute Zero this time- kind of the opposite of Ra. I put out an ongoing effect that made all heroes do fire damage (and +1 fire damage at that), but Sean killed it because he needed to do cold damage for his special thing.

Unfortunately the advanced mode proved too much for us and we all died, although Sean's Absolute Zero was within one projection of victory when he expired.

For our third game we switched back to basic mode and a conventional villain- Grand Protector Voss and his invading alien army. This was not a difficult game, I had a great combo going whereby heroes did fire damage (+1), I was immune to fire damage and could make everyone else immume, and I did +2 fire damage with all attacks but had to take 4 psychic damage every turn (the psychic damage was turned into fire damage, which I was immune to).

Unfotunately, once again Sean's Absolute Zero wanted to be doing cold damage. So he removed my ongoing effect that turned everything into fire, collapsing the combo. A revenge for my blowing everything up in turn 1.

Nevertheless we managed to win the game, thanks largely to Dominic's Wraith (who manipulated the villain deck) and Dan's character (who stored dead villains in a box and then used the box for maximum damage on the last turn).

So 2-1 over the game. No individual winners in this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you were getting into the characters, what with blowing up each others cards and such!
Philip Thomas wrote:
... I had a great combo going whereby heroes did fire damage (+1), I was immune to fire damage and could make everyone else immume, and I did +2 fire damage with all attacks but had to take 4 psychic damage every turn (the psychic damage was turned into fire damage, which I was immune to)...
This particular combo has unfortunately been ruled not to work: if you don't take any damage from the 4 psychic damage, then the card (Solar Flare) is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.