Subject: Major fuc*up when browsing BGG with Firefox rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything works fine until a stupid skeleton appears (some commercial for Avalon Hill). After that the menu and search fields are not available (if you click somewhere, the stupid skeleton starts dancing his stupid song).

Commercial isn't a problem for me, but when the commecial stuff goes "out of bounds", I'm getting angry! angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Its the Rocketville ad. I had the same problem again earlier.

God damnit I hate that ad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem. I finally blocked the banner ads here. I hated to do it because often times the banner ads on BGG have some interesting stuff (It may be the only internet banner ads I've ever clicked on) but I'd had enough of that stupid skeleton dropping down and being a major problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Doom
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that kind of language necessary?

-d

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not too happy with either the Rocketville ad's insistence to block navigation to other parts of BGG without be able to be close, nor with the strong language that started this thread.

Aldie is ONE GUY, maintining this whole beast of a site for all of us.... tens of thousands of users. Who eat a lot of bandwidth. Which costs money. And must be paid for with ads. So chill.

Plus, on another thread, Aldie said the Rocketville ad will only be around for another two weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.