Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Elsenheimer
United States
Howard City
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night at Grand Con, I encountered this in this wonderful game, though I never anticipated the possibility ahead of time. What happens if the Camel has to go into the negative because someone has a hand full of Magic Carpets? We all agreed at the table at the time to just go ahead and allow it. We said that the Magic Carpet was carrying the Camel this time, instead of simply lightening it's load.

Is this the way to play, officially?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems logical to me, and that's how we play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Shaffstall
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played that the load can go negative, and it often does.

Edit: we added in a house rule that if the load gets to -50, the camel goes off into space and we start a new round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Elsenheimer
United States
Howard City
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
It seems logical to me, and that's how we play it.

Thanks again, Ed. You always steer me right with AEG rules. BTW, I volunteer my services to help proof-read rule-sets. Please, please, keep me and Betty in mind for this.

jshaffstall wrote:
We've always played that the load can go negative, and it often does.

Edit: we added in a house rule that if the load gets to -50, the camel goes off into space and we start a new round.

Wow ! "-50" loads. Wow !! Camel flying into space !! I love it ! That's a keeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.