Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Hi Guys,

Well, we just had ol' Black Fang hand us our lunch. My character died when I was unable to draw further from my deck. However, my daughter played onward but she eventually ran out of cards to flip over on the blessings deck.

My question is: Is running out of blessing deck cards from the deck the same as dying?

I believe my character is truly dead and thus I must follow the dying rules on page 13. However, it doesn't seem like my daughter has suffered the same fate (meaning she has just lost the scenario and consequently, still gets to keep her deck and character level stats in check).

Thanks in advance for the wisdom +2,

Ben
BensRPGPile.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bendbuddy wrote:
Hi Guys,

Well, we just had ol' Black Fang hand us our lunch. My character died when I was unable to draw further from my deck. However, my daughter played onward but she eventually ran out of cards to flip over on the blessings deck.

My question is: Is running out of blessing deck cards from the deck the same as dying?

I believe my character is truly dead and thus I must follow the dying rules on page 13. However, it doesn't seem like my daughter has suffered the same fate (meaning she has just lost the scenario and consequently, still gets to keep her deck and character level stats in check).

Thanks in advance for the wisdom +2,

Ben
BensRPGPile.com

You are correct. You are dead - she is not. She can loot your corpse and keep any other loot found in the scenario. Then you can start your character over and try again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Loot my corpse?! Well, there's a little salt in the wound.

Thanks for the clarification, Mike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As was mentioned, you do have the right idea.

Running out of blessings to draw then having to draw another ends the scenario as a loss for the party.

At the end of the scenario (win OR lose), any character that is dead stays dead.

So in this instance, your character died and was still dead at the end, while her hero wasn't dead at the end, so her character is okay but yours, sadly, is a lost cause.

All of your items are available to her at the end of the scenario to rebuild her deck, but keep in mind that she does so before your new character joins the party, so there's no real way for her to keep all the cards and just give them all to your new character since any cards she doesn't keep in her deck are returned to the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news is, after she loots your corpse, if she keeps an item or two that you really liked (she'd have to give up one or two of her's though), that players can exchange items before each scenario begins.

So she could give you back a good item or two, to your new character, if she used them to rebuild her deck again after the previous scenario ended (and you died).

Also keep in mind, Exploring (turning over a card) is optional; you don't have to do it. If you think you might die, just go to any location and chill; the remaining players may be able to still achieve victory. Technically, you could both just "retreat", and end the game, rather than sitting around, flipping all the timers cards till the game is over. You'd still get your loot from that scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.