Subject: Ducats? Losing battles with no ducats? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Madden
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Is their another way to get ducats besides completing missions during the game?

Cause when doing battle with militiamen and other players, says take two ducats, I know if other players attack and win could take a treasure, but the militiamen do not. Therefore, whenever a militiaman attacks a player and has no ducats, but have a treasure do they take the treasure, does the treasure gets converted into ducats for the militiaman to take, does the player's piece gets removed, or does nothing happens in regards for the two ducats and the player's piece just moves three spaces away?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You also gain 1 ducat every time you open a chest. If a player loses a battle with a militiaman and has no ducats, then you just move him 3 spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Rodzilla68...Just curious, where did you find the rule that says you can take one ducat for opening a treasure chest?

Rodzilla68 wrote:
You also gain 1 ducat every time you open a chest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay...Just saw this on page 15:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/city-of-thieve...

Page 15 wrote:
When a chest is opened, the token is collected and placed face up on the character’s card. See “Carrying Limits.”
The player also takes 1 ducat from the bank.

I've been playing this game for a few years, and never noticed that...Thanks for pointing it out Rodzilla68.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:
Okay...Just saw this on page 15:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/city-of-thieve...

Page 15 wrote:
When a chest is opened, the token is collected and placed face up on the character’s card. See “Carrying Limits.”
The player also takes 1 ducat from the bank.

I've been playing this game for a few years, and never noticed that...Thanks for pointing it out Rodzilla68.

You're welcome. I missed it the first time I started playing and couldn't figure out how guards were going to collect if I never got money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.