Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone think that ammo usage is abit extreme at the moment in game?

2mins turn time..I'd imagine in a dogfight it could well be more than 2mins before you get a shooting chance..then most likely a quick burst or two. An Ace may get onto a tail in 2 mins and take down one plane and have a fair bit of ammo to spare for one or maybe two more attacks. A new recruit prob waste all his ammo but would take ages to maneuver into a decent shooting position if not shot down or lost.

Obviously if it's a dive from above and unspotted some hits will happen within two mins and even a plane shot down but very unlikely they'd use all their ammo in that one dive and it could take a couple of mins before the planes would get into a shooting position again.

I think dogfights should last longer and planes should have at least two turns min of ammo before possibly running out.

I think the planes should end up separated from the squadron leader far more often than running out of ammo in the dogfight.

I'd also like to see some more chrome when it comes to dogfighting.

I do own the game but I'm basing my thoughts from reading the manual and reading AAR's. So i could be well off base here in my thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jams and other mechanical malfunctions were common in this era, so "running out of ammo" is probably modeling a variety of weapons failures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True but I still think dogfights are over to quick and ammo usage is one issue..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wodin wrote:
True but I still think dogfights are over to quick and ammo usage is one issue..

Out of curiosity, Wodin, have you played a recent WWI flight sim like Studio 777's "Rise of Flight" or the Total Simulation Series' "Red Baron"?

At least in the former of the two I mention above, ammunition is a fairly common limitation to an extended dogfight.

Extended "dogfights" (in the commonly understood interpretation of the word) are relatively uncommon. More often it's a bounce by one side or the other, a brief tangle, and then one side or the other realizes they're in a losing situation and makes a run for home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah own both RoF and my favourite OFF and waiting for WOFF!! I understand what your saying but I'd still like it to be not possible to be out of ammo in the first 2min turn of the dogfight. When an ACE uses up all his ammo in 2mins and is then useless for the rest of the game is frustrating I suppose. Just would like to see abit more action in the dogfight before ammo is gone. I think allowing at least one turn i.e 2mins before ammo is used up would be fair..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_peabody wrote:
Jams and other mechanical malfunctions were common in this era, so "running out of ammo" is probably modeling a variety of weapons failures.

And this is exactly what is being modelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.