tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bayens
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stop toying with me! You had me at Druid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Vandegrift
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can hardly wait for my set to come in. Hopefully, I'll get the preorder bonus cards from Coolstuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firenice5002 wrote:
I can hardly wait for my set to come in. Hopefully, I'll get the preorder bonus cards from Coolstuff.

I emailed them about this and they claim their preorders will get them...sure hope so since I placed my preorder with them as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Edmond
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to get these in my hands!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really surprised the Druid is forbidden from War and not Death.

The druid is all about life, and it seems logical and thematic that Death should be barred from them as fire is.

True War does lead to death so the choice is a good second in my book. I just find it amusing that everyone I told about the Druid either cut me off to finish my sentence and say "death" when I was going over her schools, or looked at me funny when I said War and went, "really? Not death?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:

The druid is all about life, and it seems logical and thematic that Death should be barred from them as fire is.

True War does lead to death so the choice is a good second in my book. I just find it amusing that everyone I told about the Druid either cut me off to finish my sentence and say "death" when I was going over her schools, or looked at me funny when I said War and went, "really? Not death?"

It's really not surprising since they are nature based, and death is a part of nature...the circle of life and all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjfalzone wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

It's really not surprising since they are nature based, and death is a part of nature...the circle of life and all that.

It is true that NATURAL death is part of the cycle of nature, so on that I agree. But the "Death" school is a perversion of the natural order and balance of things. Reanimating corpses is a desecration and is in no way part of the natural cycle.
I think it is perfect that the Druid is vs. the Necromancer because they really are on opposite sides of the balance. Druids want to preserve and nurture life and Necromancers want to corrupt and pervert and desecrate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it's not the Death School. You're thinking of the Dark School. Since nature is neither good nor bad, it makes sense that it is not a heavily taxed school.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb

Try... [ImageID=1777923 original]...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.