Subject: Dual Replicators rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have two Replicators out and play a piece of hardware, would they both trigger (allowing you to pull two extra copies at once)? I would imagine so, but just wanted to see the general consensus.

I realize you most likely wouldn't have to do it, but in the case that you're running Aesop's Pawnshop and are low on hand limit, it could provide some quick burst economy and/or fill your hand for "free," not to mention more deck thinning. Besides, if the cards come up why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Pickles
England
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Eyefink wrote:
If you have two Replicators out and play a piece of hardware, would they both trigger (allowing you to pull two extra copies at once)?

Yes. There is no reason why they would not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
This is actually a popular technique around my neck of the woods. Install 2 Replicators, then use that to pull out all 3 copies of the hardware so that you get to the other cards quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guze
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can, but I'm not sure how much of a benefit you'd get from it. Sure, you get to search for the other two copies when you play the first. But if you only have one, you play the first piece of hardware, which lets you search for a second. You can play the copy you searched for later and just search for the third one when that happens instead. If you have a second one out, you get another copy of the card that potentially just clogs up your hand until you can afford to play it.

The one potential upside is that you don't have to worry about drawing the third copy, but the odds of that happening are pretty small since there's only one copy left in your whole deck. I'd personally rather have it stay in there than taking up a slot in my hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
talking_chicken wrote:
You can, but I'm not sure how much of a benefit you'd get from it. Sure, you get to search for the other two copies when you play the first. But if you only have one, you play the first piece of hardware, which lets you search for a second. You can play the copy you searched for later and just search for the third one when that happens instead. If you have a second one out, you get another copy of the card that potentially just clogs up your hand until you can afford to play it.

It's common to play this with Personal Workshop. So you just dump your excess hardware onto those while thinning your deck at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
talking_chicken wrote:

The one potential upside is that you don't have to worry about drawing the third copy, but the odds of that happening are pretty small since there's only one copy left in your whole deck. I'd personally rather have it stay in there than taking up a slot in my hand.

So just discard it, if you are at your max? With Hardware you either want as many as you can get, a Memchip for example, or just one copy. In both cases two replicators help.
Either you get all copies, or you get all excess copies and do not draw them later, at a point where you need something different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.