Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conceived of as another anti-swarm-weapon:

Quote:
Unguided missile pod (2)
Attack: Discard this card to perform this attack against all enemies in range and in arc. Attack dice cannot be re-rolled. Attack: 1. Range 1.

It doesn't use a target lock, but then the results cannot be re-rolled by the attacker, anyway. It would be a good way to strip 'evade' tokens off a group of fighters in front of you, or break a whole bunch of stealth devices at once.

It's sort of like a crappier seismic charge, really (only one arc instead of 360, rolls 1 dice against each target instead of doing automatic-1-damage) - on the other hand, it's one you aim instead of trying to position through maneuver (requires much less cooperation from the enemy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be careful about creating a weapon that allows multiple attacks. There's already been a few questions about how cards interact with cluster missiles... how would Gunner be treated in this instance, for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Woehlke
msg tools
mb
Norsehound wrote:
I'd be careful about creating a weapon that allows multiple attacks. There's already been a few questions about how cards interact with cluster missiles... how would Gunner be treated in this instance, for example?

Am I missing something? It says "Discard this card..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snarly_Yow wrote:
Norsehound wrote:

Am I missing something? It says "Discard this card..."

I can see the issue - 'gunner' indicates that if you perform an attack and it misses, you can immediately perform a primary weapon attack.

Sooo...if you've got 3 ships in front of you, and you attack each one with this missile, but miss each shot...does that trigger 'gunner' each time and allow you to make a pile of primary weapon attacks?

Obviously, that's not the intent, so wording would need to be tweaked to make sure it's clear 'gunner' doesn't apply (or maybe applies only once to the entire-attack-on-all-targets-as-a-single-thing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:

If the first attack from this missile misses, you may use Gunner, then you cannot continue attacking with this missile. Would be understandable to me, as I'm sure that's how the most recent FAQ deals with the cluster missile - gunner questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anextiomarus wrote:
Norsehound wrote:

If the first attack from this missile misses, you may use Gunner, then you cannot continue attacking with this missile. Would be understandable to me, as I'm sure that's how the most recent FAQ deals with the cluster missile - gunner questions.

Hmmm - good point on the wording for that.

Still, it means you could wait until the LAST attack before triggering gunner if that one misses. So you'd still get a bit more attack then you'd normally get, but...I suppose that is why the gunner is so expensive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's essentially the Gunner's ability (an extra attack). Whether you are using a primary attack, a cluster missile or this missile, you are not changing Gunner's ability. You ALWAYS get a bit more attack (if you miss initially) when using the Gunner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.