Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fire Group and vehicle movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
First: In a firegroup, the supporting units do not have to be fresh, right? Does the supporting unit(s), if fresh, share the same Action Points Pool?
I am not 100% sure about the Group Firing/Group Actions rules.

Second: When I move a unit, I can pivot it after each hex moved, right?
(So a Tank(with two bonus move)facing north can move front north and pivot to face south, then move one bonus front south and a second bonus to move front souht again and pivot to face north)?

So the tank, in this exemple, spent one Action points instead of two to finish is movement in what was originaly is rear hex.

I am assuming open terrain, of course.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For spent units to participate, you would have to use CAPs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maedhros wrote:
First: In a firegroup, the supporting units do not have to be fresh, right?


If they aren't fresh, as mentioned above, you would have to use CAPs (or a command action card) to get them to fire.

Quote:
Does the supporting unit(s), if fresh, share the same Action Points Pool?


Yes.

Quote:

Second: When I move a unit, I can pivot it after each hex moved, right?


Correct.

Quote:

(So a Tank(with two bonus move)facing north can move front north and pivot to face south, then move one bonus front south and a second bonus to move front souht again and pivot to face north)?

So the tank, in this exemple, spent one Action points instead of two to finish is movement in what was originaly is rear hex.

I am assuming open terrain, of course.


This has been brought up before. This wasn't exactly what was intended, but I don't recall there being anything in the rules to disallow it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of this trick vehicle move not as a rules exploit, but as a feature. Fast vehicles have superior move tactics. This is represented in the game by them getting to back up without having to pay a movement penalty. Thematically it works. Just think of them as actually backing up, but since they can move so efficiently they don't suffer the usual extra cost.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.