Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own a copy of Galaxis and played it quite often with my son. It is a Battleships variant, where the computer randomly hides four spaceships and gives the players clues how many ships are within direct sight of a certain spot on the board. One marks the spots with a stick, sets its coordinates with big red knobs and as soon as the computer displays the number of sightings (with LEDs and sound), the marker stick is replaced with a yellow pin bearing the number of sightings. Black pins are used to mark spots where no ship can be, the positions of the ships can be figured out by clever cross-referencing. The other players does not see the coordinates his opponent sets, but he sees and hears the results, which can give more clues.

Several variants can be played - solitaire play is possible and even one where both players can enter the positions of the ships into the computer, also a time-limited variant is possible.

The components are extremely well thought out and sturdy. The game works with a nine volt block and even has a socket for an external adapter (not included, but Ravensburger describes which can be used).

There is only one drawback: Due to the many little marker pins setting up a game needs a couple of minutes until all pins are sorted out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely remember this game from my childhood and how my older brother taught me to play it, good times I even remember the sound and feeling of turning the big red knobs on top of the game, *choog-choog-choog*

And yes, it is really well produced, wish I still had the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.