Subject: "I stab at thee" with Khan. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jusitn Smith
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
Can you shoot your own ship that has "I stab at thee"?

I played a game today, and my opponent had the USS Reliant w/ Khan as the captain. The Reliant had only one hull left and was surrounded by my ships. My opponent then asked if this was ok. After a brief pause to check the rules, we did not see any about this. So we both agreed that it was ok because going with the spirit of Star Trek, Khan is not with any real Faction. He then shot at the Reliant killing it. Then the "I stab at thee" card was triggered but he rolled bad. So only the Reliant was destroyed.

As for the game we where happy about it. But we both will be playing in the OP event and want to know the official word on shooting your own ships. Any input would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like one for the FAQ, but I would suggest 'no.' Otherwise, I think you both were good sports and handled the situation fairly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

First sentence of Combat Phase section on page 12 of rules:

"During this phase, each ship may perform one attack against one enemy ship that is....."

So until a card comes out that over-rides this you can't shoot at your own ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jusitn Smith
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
Awesome, thanks for the clarification. We wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Scranton
United States
Oak Brook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing stopping you from driving into a minefield with him, though... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.