Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Eriksson
Sweden
Sölvesborg
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently own the 1st edition of Quarriors, the one in the tin box, but im thinking of upgrading.
Is it "worth" it?

I know that there is a new box which means that there is a new storage solution. I think that I also read that there are some new rules.
Is there anything else "new" that I am missing?

/robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the Quarmageddon expansion and all your questions are answered and all your problems are solved.

To elaborate: don't get the new base game in the box, only the box is new in that edition. Well, the dice have larger/clearer icons in the boxed edition, but I don't think it's anywhere near worth it if you have the tin edition.

Quarmageddon has the updated rules (which really only has two additions with the "advanced" rules and you can download that rulebook from the Wizkids site for free), but more importantly all new, great dice (5 creatures, 2 spells) and a storage solution that will hold all the dice from from the base set and all the expansions currently released.

Actually, all the expansions except Rise of the Demons has the same box/storage solution as Quarmageddon.

Also, the base Quarriors page here on BGG will list all the expansions in the information section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my understanding that the dice in the second edition are better than those in the first in terms of readability as well. I have the first edition myself, and don't feel the need to buy the second edition. An expansion will get you the storage solution, along with some great new dice.

I own all the expansions, and find they really add a lot to the game.

I would recommend Quartifacts and Quarmageddon as the essential expansions, in that order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Eriksson
Sweden
Sölvesborg
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I will stick with my first edition and just buy me some expansions instead.

Thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.