David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen a few videos where players are recharging a blessing from the blessing deck if it matches the one in the discard pile. I haven't been doing this. Am I playing wrong?

Seems to me that the recharge is for players decks, but I have seen at least 2 gameplay videos, where they recharge he blessings deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You never recharge anything in the blessings deck itself. But if you play a blessing (other than blessing of the gods) from your hand that matches the top card in the blessings pile, then you can recharge it instead of discarding it (all the blessings apart from blessings of the gods say this on the card).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:
I have seen a few videos where players are recharging a blessing from the blessing deck


What videos show this? They should be told that's incorrect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
warpi9 wrote:
I have seen a few videos where players are recharging a blessing from the blessing deck


What videos show this? They should be told that's incorrect.


Undead Viking did this in his video. When he turned over a blessing at the start of a turn he recharged it if it matched the one already on the top of the discard pile. I commented on his youtube channel that this was incorrect.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you read the comments on Undead Viking's BGG post, this has already been admitted by him as a mistake.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes undead was one of the videos. Thanks all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Clifford
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, don't forget that even though the Blessings of the Gods says to copy what ever is on the Blessing Deck discard pile, you still can't recharge it when you use one. It only copies the abilities on the discarded Blessing, not the ability to recharge.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WreckingCrew wrote:
Also, don't forget that even though the Blessings of the Gods says to copy what ever is on the Blessing Deck discard pile, you still can't recharge it when you use one. It only copies the abilities on the discarded Blessing, not the ability to recharge.


Yes, this is true and very important to note!

It's a very common mistake made by many great adventurers. Including me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
medwards wrote:
You never recharge anything in the blessings deck itself. But if you play a blessing (other than blessing of the gods) from your hand that matches the top card in the blessings pile, then you can recharge it instead of discarding it (all the blessings apart from blessings of the gods say this on the card).


Where in the rules is this?

Thx
jonpfl
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Voigt
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
medwards wrote:
You never recharge anything in the blessings deck itself. But if you play a blessing (other than blessing of the gods) from your hand that matches the top card in the blessings pile, then you can recharge it instead of discarding it (all the blessings apart from blessings of the gods say this on the card).


Where in the rules is this?

Thx
jonpfl


It's on the card. Look at a blessing of Gorum. It says on the card that if it matches the blessing on top of the blessings discard, you may recharge it instead of discarding it. I don't think that it says this specifically anywhere in the rule book, but it does say that, "cards do what they say," somewhere in there.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check the characters roles at the end of Deck 3, you'll see they get bonuses for using certain kinds of blessings if you take the power.

Kyra should totally take all the of the Blessings of Sarenrae because her role power allows her to recharge instead of discarding them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.