GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,248 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Panzer (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Historical Scenarios or Balanced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Based on longer term players experiences would you say that these scenarios are designed to be:
a. Historically accurate?
b. Historically flavoured but balanced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stout
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kev, it's tough to say. I have probably played a total of 10 scenarios (most solitaire....excuse the subtle hint) and most have been balanced. A few have been won/lost on the last turn. One particular scenario (scenario 5 I believe) was played twice and the results were wildly different with decisive victories each way. Some of this could be attributed to an evolution of tactics. It was really fun even though lopsided.

But I get the feeling that they are designed to be balanced with strong historical flavor.

Mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gus McRae wrote:
But I get the feeling that they are designed to be balanced with strong historical flavor.

Exactly.

Expansion 3 includes three historical scenarios with dedicated maps. You'll be able to contrast the differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
Gus McRae wrote:

Exactly.

Expansion 3 includes three historical scenarios with dedicated maps. You'll be able to contrast the differences.

Bring it to us... Jim.
May I ask the future of Panzer? More expansions and if so we are traveling to where?
Love Panzer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
psicoserra wrote:
mongoose27 wrote:
Gus McRae wrote:

Exactly.

Bring it to us... Jim.
May I ask the future of Panzer? More expansions and if so we are traveling to where?
Love Panzer.

On tap for the for the future are additions for North Africa and France 1940. North Africa would, more than likely, be a full game like the original release due the artwork requirement for the German units. That camo wouldn't work too well in the desert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic news Jim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.