Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Looby
United States
Wadhams
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1862 Scenario begins with the Union in force at Ft. Monroe, I wonder if such an advance on Richmond is prudent? The 1862 Scenario OB offers a clue. Should the Union player conduct more Sea Invasions to gain the CSA flanks,more than McClellan undertook? It's an interesting puzzlement. Can the Union defeat the CSA in 1862 with say two Corps advancing from Fredericksburg while the AoP move up the James?

McClellan was convinced that his proposed plan would be cheaper, faster,
cost less lives, better assure victory, result in a more valuable victory or better facilitate a retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Out of towering flames and smoke a rumbling, steel demon emerges before me, shaking the ground, rattling all bravado. Fighting a numbing cold grip of terror on my spine, I yield to desperate muscle-memory, collapsing into a rigid crouch, snap-firing.
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes sense that there may be an opportunity here as you mentioned, considering how often McClellan historically overestimated the rebel strength (despite the FoW on the board, the game situation is more transparent than what he assumed at the time).

I like your idea and am surprised that there are not more strategic threads for this game. Please continue to post your strategic insights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.