michele romanelli
United States
Winnabow
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody, here I go with a couple of questions:

- Rule 9.3 states that troops transported by retreating fleets are unloaded into the same harbor; condition is that harbor has to be friendly; so, what if the territory contains enemy troops, is there a battle?

- Rule 5.6 states that the attacker retreats via borders used to attack; so, can frontal assault blocks decide to retreat using the border used by reserves, just because the rules are not stating specifically otherwise?

By the way, I'm enjoying the game a lot!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Herlofsen
Norway
Skien
Telemark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The answer to the 2nd question IMO is yes; as long as you retreat through "your" borders you're fine. The rule seems carefully phrased to allow for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele romanelli
United States
Winnabow
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Tom,

the unloading question still stands ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GEKO wrote:
Rule 9.3 states that troops transported by retreating fleets are unloaded into the same harbor; condition is that harbor has to be friendly; so, what if the territory contains enemy troops, is there a battle?

Thanks for uncovering a wrinkle in gameplay that the rules do not cover.

I would say that if a loaded fleet retreats to a harbor where the enemy occupies the territory (but does not control the garrison), the fleets survive but the loaded army/regiment blocks are eliminated (you cannot retreat under normal circumstances to an enemy-occupied territory).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele romanelli
United States
Winnabow
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Scott, makes sense. Anyway, are we giving the right interpretation to rule 5.6?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Herlofsen
Norway
Skien
Telemark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for chiming in, Scott. I scoured consimworld looking for an answer to that question. And thanks for a great production of a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.