Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Pursuit of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Vargas
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Caucasian Army Reforms reads:

Permanently eliminate 4 TU/TU-A LCUs from map or Corps Assets Box (each 3 Infantry SCUs removed may count as removal of 1 LCU). In exchange, receive the following

UNITS: TU 1st & 2nd Caucasian Corps (to any CP-controlled space(s) in Anatolia, Caucasia, and/or Gallipoli inset map).

1 - Do I understand this correctly in that if I remove 4 unbuilt LCUs from the Corps Assets Box I can replace them with the 2 new corps on the map? If this is so why would anyone ever build the 4 LCUs in the first place?

2 - I notice several SCUs have a box around their movement value. Is this to mean these units have restrictions as to where they can go? I can't find a rules reference to this.

3 - I'm thrown off a bit by the 2 different color types of "S"s for the Senussi in Egypt. Can the Senussi go into Sudan and Darfur? I believe the rules said the tribes can go 1 space beyond the tribe area but Sudan is 2 away as is Cairo. If they can't go that far, who is represented by the smaller S in the spaces?

4 - Also, the rules list 4 different spaces as CP Limited Supply spaces but not Hejaz which has the same LS supply symbol as the other spaces. Is it a CP LS source?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
Avatar
mb
NihonFan wrote:
1 - Do I understand this correctly in that if I remove 4 unbuilt LCUs from the Corps Assets Box I can replace them with the 2 new corps on the map?


Yes.

NihonFan wrote:
If this is so why would anyone ever build the 4 LCUs in the first place?


Perhaps they had a pressing need for LCUs?

NihonFan wrote:
2 - I notice several SCUs have a box around their movement value. Is this to mean these units have restrictions as to where they can go? I can't find a rules reference to this.


Yes, see 3.2.2 and 3.2.1.3.

NihonFan wrote:
3 - I'm thrown off a bit by the 2 different color types of "S"s for the Senussi in Egypt. Can the Senussi go into Sudan and Darfur? I believe the rules said the tribes can go 1 space beyond the tribe area but Sudan is 2 away as is Cairo. If they can't go that far, who is represented by the smaller S in the spaces?


Tribes can go a full move away from their home spaces (see 3.2.1.5). The green S's are for the spaces where the Senussi can rise, and the white S's are for the connections that are Senussi-only.

NihonFan wrote:
4 - Also, the rules list 4 different spaces as CP Limited Supply spaces but not Hejaz which has the same LS supply symbol as the other spaces. Is it a CP LS source?


The Hejaz has been accidentally omitted from the list of CP Limited Supply sources in 14.2.1 (ref).
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.