Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Johnson
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am unsure about some possible pivots so i will ask you experts.

Is takeoff from a site, such as Deimos a direction? If you take off from Deimos to the pink burn circle can you immediately follow the red line to the Sol-Mars lagrange or is that a pivot requiring me to wait a turn before pivoting?

Another example; if you follow the blue line to Mars and reach the Mars flyby, can you use the aerobrake immediately or do you have to wait a turn as a pivot?

Thanks for answering my probably stupid questions. In PBF 11 i want to only cheat legitimately not through rules misunderstandings.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pivots are only where lines cross .. so Deimos to the event burn is only one burn, not a pivot at all, then to lagrange is free ... also the Mars flyby allows you to go thru the areobrake and the burn after is "free" then allowing you to areobrake again directly to Mars surface ...either the caves or to hellas basin...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) In all of these cases, you don't have to wait a turn. If you reach a spot that is a circle, whether or not it is a burn point, you don't have to wait a turn.

For your first question: Yes, you can take off from Deimos to the burn point and then immediately follow the red line. Or, you can take off to the Sol-Mars L2 (which is not a burn point!) and immediately change directions and follow the red line.

Same with the Mars flyby. That's a circle point, not a Hohmann intersection.

(2) You can always Geekmail the moderator in advance and ask these questions. Moderators can confirm the legality/illegality of moves. They won't give you hints (that wouldn't be fair!) but they can tell you if a move is legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I thought that this was the case but i did not want to go to Mars, perform one of the actions i listed above and have Robb say "No! You damned cheater! You can't do that! Don't you know how to play?"

He is totally like that in the game.

Thanks for your responses.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.