Subject: Beginners Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moises Hernandez
United States
McKinney
texas
flag msg tools
Me and my daughter are beginners to this game and found the card bidding mechanic cumbersome and somewhat artificial. So we simply decided to play the game without the bidding 3x3 matrix mechanic for acquiring cards. Here's what we changed:

- We removed the transfer of power cards from the deck and the advantage cards that have to do with the mechanic (i.e. Ellen, The lord sits in court, Storming the Castle, etc.). We also don't use the character markers.

- We simplified the card acquisition process by handing 3 cards to each player at the beginning of the game and during each round, each player plays one card from his hand.

- Cards are replenished at the end of the round with fresh cards from the deck.

- During his turn, a player may:
a) Play a card
b) Swap one card from his hand with a fresh one from the deck, Player may swap additional cards at the cost of a seal token per exchanged card.

- The rest of the game plays as usual

Do you guys think we are missing a lot of the game by not playing the "duel" part of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.