Subject: This game would be amazing if only it had... x,y,z rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Chell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. Totally jumping on the bandwagon of another certain thread. So which games do you play that are just missing that 'one' thing to push it up to the 'awesome game' level?

For me it's got to be Witch of Salem I really like this game but all the characters are exactly the same. It could really do with some abilities for the players to use. It would just add that little extra dimension of thought to the game.

For me it's got everything else. It's co-op (although I do also like Vs games a lot), It's got the Cthulhu mythos theme going for it which I love. It's difficult. I hate easy co-op games (glares at A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game) It does take too long and it's interesting to play with interesting mechanics. It could just do with that little extra icing.

What's yours?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Penguin This. Urgh. The game itself as is is so badly designed. I love the idea but the penguin pieces don't work to do the job. The idea is to stack them in a pyramid and stop opponants being able to stack theirs. If you tople the pyramid you lose points except that the way the penguins are made you need to 'slot' them into place. Once slotted they are locked and wont move. There's no chance of them falling.

This is a game for kids but the slots mean you need a level of dexterity that younger kids just don't have and there's nothing in the game for older people. If they'd made the shoulders ofthe penguins simply flat for the penguins to 'balance' on then there'd have been no need for slotting and this would have made this game absolutely brilliant fun for kids and adults alike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That copy of Scrabble that I picked up from a car boot sale.

(sorry...)

If Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game and its siblings had a way to space out the monsters so you could explore for a bit, build a bit of tension, then get ambushed by a whole load of them in a big fight. Just something to break the regularity of tile-monster-fight-tile-monster-fight.

And I know that there have been many fan created monsters, but I still feel they missed a trick by not releasing monster expansion packs.

This is purely cosmetic, but if Mage Knight Board Game had the names of the monsters actually on the chits it would do wonders for the immersion. In every other aspect the game completely draws me into its world, yet when I flip a monster all I think about are the numbers, never "It's cave orcs!" or "Arggghhh!! Medusa!!"

I already love Tales of the Arabian Nights, but I always house-rule the Grief Stricken status to make it less of a game-killer. Also, I would camp out overnight and eat gruel for a week if they brought out a Middle Earth version.

A solo version of Star Trek: Fleet Captains, or one in which both side could play the federation against automated Klingons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Karjalainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fairy Tale is a fun little game which pretty much introduced card drafting. As time has gone by, the simplicity of the game diminishes the shine of the cool mechanism. In order to make it a great game, it would need an expansion which adds more variety and depth. A lot could be done with the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Imperium would be even more amazing if only it had a time machine included in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See I think this is true with a lot of games. Just needs that one little expansion that could make all the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Karjalainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Now that I thought about it, the new Pathfinder game would be even better if it had better graphics on the cards. While the game itself seems to rock according to reviews, the cards look very lackluster. I get it that they are functional, but I see them as bland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any game is automatically better when you turn up the volume to 11
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my answer would be:

This game would be amazing if only it had...ninjas, zombies, and pirates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Any game that using standard dice would be amazing if only it had custom dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bacon. Everything is better with bacon :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
Tacos, Tacos, Yum, Yum, Yum. Tacos, Tacos, something that rhymes with dumb.
badge
SHH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Talisman, 4th Edition. By itself, it sucks. Too long and too random and too tedious. With the expansions, it is actually quite a lot of fun with a few house rules to shorten it up a bit. BUT-- in the end you are still running around in circles. If they redid the board (or did tiles you can explore like other dungeon crawlers) to give you actual decision-making in where you can and cannot go, I think people would like it a lot better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
To the moon
mbmbmbmbmb
More cowbell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.