Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Thompson
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a Jim Culver miniature from the AH game to add some ethnic diversity to my Mansions of Madness game. I like the fact that in AH, he has an arguably "magic horn" or magic ability with the horn that he inherited from his dad, that can affect the dead. Also he's not an Arkham native, but from the deep south is appealing.

But I'm having trouble deciding how the skills he acquires in AH would translate over to MoM. Abandoning AH completely and trying simply to come up something that thematically fits the game, is proving harder than I thought.

I'd like to get some suggestions as to what his trait cards should say for abilities. Obviously, he should get his "Golden Trumpet", but even then, I'm not sure what affect it should have. Below are some card titles based on AH skills. There are also traits I've been mulling over, but I'd appreciate any suggestions or alterations you might have at all.
"Jazz Musician" - You start the game with your "Golden Trumpet" Starting Item card.

Strange Luck -Once per game, discard any number of equipment, tomb, artifact, and weapon cards. Gain 1 skill point for each card discarded in this way. (this is the same skill as Ashcan Pete).

Strange Luck (alt. 1) Once per game. get a skill point for each zombie or corpse in play.

"Dead Man Stomp" - Action: Move all zombies within 2 spaces of you, 1 space away from your current space.

"Sweet Harmony" - ??

"Golden Trumpet" - Equipment - Action: Spend 1 skill point to move a monster 2 spaces. This card cannot be traded or picked-up by any other investigator. (also similar to Ashcan's guitar, but it costs 1 skill, they can be moved any direction and cannot be used by other investigators).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you have sounds just perfect to me, VERY thematic.

I eagerly await the suggestions of those more clever than I.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Heart

Tacoma
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my thoughts on the numbers:

Sanity: 12
Stamina: 8
Skill Points: 3

Jazz Musician
Strength: 5
Marksmanship: 4
Dexterity: 6

Sweet Harmony: perhaps a custom derringer? (definitely his combat spec)
Strength: 5
Marksmanship: 6
Dexterity: 5

Strange Luck
Intellect: 5
Willpower: 5
Lore: 5
Luck: 4

Dead Man Stomp I would change zombies to undead in the event of expansions or other custom scenarios with other undead Arkham Horror monsters.
Intellect: 4
Willpower: 7
Lore: 6
Luck: 2

I'm still spitballing the numbers here, but I think it would be a good place to start. Jim strikes me as average to poor combat, average to good, Willpower/Lore, and either poor or good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Thompson
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get out of my brain! (or out of my computer).
I had already made and printed some test trait cards and had the following:
Health 11 - Sanity 9 - Skill 3
Jazz musician 5-5-6
Sweet Harmony 5-4-7
Strange Luck 4-5-5-3
Dead Man Stomp 4-7-6-2

I was contemplating a pocket knife last night, since his marksmanship is lower than his dex in my version. But I couldn't justify a decent damage amount for a small knife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.